has this ever happened to you........smh

intel wild

RPCD for a little over 4 years now, got my own route a year ago. Came in on Friday morning and sup calls me over asking can I run another route because the dispatcher messed up and didn't put a car in my spot so they were just putting it all on the ground. I was moved from another spot a couple of days ago so she got things mixed up....she said sorry and it was all her fault. So my route is already heavy on Mondays because I won't work Saturdays and now it will be probably be the worst I've ever seen it come Monday morning.

RPCD for a little over 4 years now, got my own route a year ago. Came in on Friday morning and sup calls me over asking can I run another route because the dispatcher messed up and didn't put a car in my spot so they were just putting it all on the ground. I was moved from another spot a couple of days ago so she got things mixed up....she said sorry and it was all her fault. So my route is already heavy on Mondays because I won't work Saturdays and now it will be probably be the worst I've ever seen it come Monday morning.
Ask for an 8-hour day on Monday, you're welcome

Staydryitsraining

So tell the wife it'll be a 13 hr day

That is what I do. It keeps my Monday under 9 hours. Since they have not been able to honor my request, even though I am the only one in my loop to ask, I keep putting in for an 8 hour day on Monday. And I will keep doing it until they get it right.
I was getting crusified on Mondays.
Ever since they upped the amount of Saturday routes, it's been a disaster

intel wild

That is what I do. It keeps my Monday under 9 hours. Since they have not been able to honor my request, even though I am the only one in my loop to ask, I keep putting in for an 8 hour day on Monday. And I will keep doing it until they get it right.
Very smart and you can file and get the 2 hours penalty pay right? I love this Brown Cafe!!!! :)

Over70irregs

If they dont give it to you file a grievance. Then request another day. I believe that is in the contract I think.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If they dont give it to you file a grievance. Then request another day. I believe that is in the contract I think.
Yup, they can keep over dispatching on 8 hour requests and the penalty pay will just add up. Essentially a driver could get an extra 2 hours of penalty day I think 16 days a month if the company doesn't keep them under.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I love how we get messages around 1930 saying "make sure you get a scanner from the office and scan all undelivered packages"
The new UPS
Yep. It doesn't set a good example for the young drivers. "Just hide everything". Crazy how management only looks at things that affect that day, and don't think about the long term consequences of their stupidity.