Overallowance and harassment

Exactly! We all know one of your "bonus buckets" are center +/- so if you're doing your job safely, and hitting scratch, how about some positive re-enforcement.
"Hey @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, in our last ride, I noticed you struggled with facing the bulkhead to close it, have you worked on that. Also, I've noticed you've been coming in somewhere between scratch and .50 over, keep up the good work and continue to work under control and safely. Have a good day out there"
You're 100% correct, everything is negative

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You're 100% correct, everything is negative
Im certain there are a handful of center managers/ORS's that handle their business this way and the atmosphere/work environment is great. Lead by example. Be honest. Show compassion. It's ok to be firm, but when you lie and operate under a veil of smoke, trust goes out the window and so does performance.

Im certain there are a handful of center managers/ORS's that handle their business this way and the atmosphere/work environment is great. Lead by example. Be honest. Show compassion. It's ok to be firm, but when you lie and operate under a veil of smoke, trust goes out the window and so does performance.
When I screw up, let me know

But also when I do something good
LET ME KNOW!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
2 things have been huge at my center, honking your horn at every stop and folding your mirror in. The only people who have to worry are the ones paid over, those rules are ignored if you’re a scratch driver. But they are hitting drivers with discipline here on it.

A new thing they have also been doing is saying there is a UPS walk pace. 2.5 steps per second is the “method” according to my management team. I laughed when I heard it but it’s out there.
I cannot believe there are people who fold their mirrors in. They started that before I left 7 yrs ago. I wouldnt do it. Id rather them lose a mirror, than me lose my arm, or head.

Brownwind

I cannot believe there are people who fold their mirrors in. They started that before I left 7 yrs ago. I wouldnt do it. Id rather them lose a mirror, than me lose my arm, or head.
I pulled mine in on a tight ally this week. Only did it once to let another package car through.

rod

Retired 22 years
My favorite thing I learned from an old crusty feeder guy: “Ok I’ll work on that” then continue doing exactly what you’ve been doing.

Works every time.
Some of the best advice I got was from a Center Manager who gave me some paperwork concerning a COD cash turn-in discrepancy. He said " ignore the first notice---If it's important they will get back to you. That COD problem never came up again.