Has UPS changed vacation time pay during this pandemic?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Thing is that I actually spoke directly with my center manager about moving my upcoming vacation in the middle part of March. Even assured him that I could switch it to a time that wouldn't put any additional stress on the building. He chose not to take any action as my vacation check hit the bank Friday morning. Week after next is my vacation as it coincides with the local school calendar. 4 drivers off that week. See the building going up in flames. Certain that my phone will be out of minutes by then.

Maplewood

My vacation is coming up and my vacation check wasn't deposited 2 weeks in advance as it has previous years. Asked HR if something had changed with vacation pay. I was told since this covid19 pandemic, workers are actually coming to work during there vacation week. So UPS decided to pay vacation days on a daily basis. Is this happening at all centers?

Maplewood

In my area we get our vacation check and we can work if we want. We have not been told we can reschedule. If we are tight on drivers that week and they ask us to come in on vacation, we get paid overtime the whole day/week.

over9five

Staff member
In my area we get our vacation check and we can work if we want. We have not been told we can reschedule. If we are tight on drivers that week and they ask us to come in on vacation, we get paid overtime the whole day/week.
Can the guy who wasn't asked to come in on his vacation last week grieve that extra weeks pay you are getting? I would.

35years

Gravy route
...or if I were a driver junior to him I would grieve him working through a week that I wanted to take...
You are so full of it.

Doubt you ever filed a single grievance. I have entire file of mine at home.

You just posted you used to come in on your day off and cleaned your truck off the clock...when you used to work here.

If you had been in my center I would have filed on you every time you came in early to gather supplies, pull clerk packages, did address corrections, ran packages on your way home, and called c.o.d. customers off the clock like you have admitted doing.

Don't act like you were active in the union now that you are retired, or had any repect for seniority when you did work here.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are so full of it.

Doubt you ever filed a single grievance. I have entire file of mine at home.

You just posted you used to come in on your day off and cleaned your truck off the clock...when you used to work here.

If you had been in my center I would have filed on you every time you came in early to gather supplies, pull clerk packages, did address corrections, ran packages on your way home, and called c.o.d. customers off the clock like you have admitted doing.

Don't act like you were active in the union now that you are retired, or had any repect for seniority when you did work here.

Yawn.......stretch......yaaawwwnnnnnn.