Hats off to BrownCafe!!

nospinzone

I just wanted to recognize the impartiality that BrownCafe has exhibited in allowing open discussion on union topics. To my knowledge they have not censored or discouraged any views from any parties and have only encouraged this open discussion. Thanks, Cafe staff!
Nospin

wkmac

Ditto!

That goes across the entire board in my book. You can hold any point of view you wish and as long as you remain mostly civil (we're allowed to stretch just a little at times and blow off some steam) and allow others their say without threat or other forms of intimidation, you're pretty free to go in conversation where ever you want.

If they ever ask me I'll vote to give Cheryl the "Jim Casey" award for being an outstanding UPSer!

:thumbup: to Cheryl and Browncafe

brett636

Ditto!

That goes across the entire board in my book. You can hold any point of view you wish and as long as you remain mostly civil (we're allowed to stretch just a little at times and blow off some steam) and allow others their say without threat or other forms of intimidation, you're pretty free to go in conversation where ever you want.

If they ever ask me I'll vote to give Cheryl the "Jim Casey" award for being an outstanding UPSer!

:thumbup: to Cheryl and Browncafe

Agreed, I have learned more about this company through this site than I ever expected to know. Its a good source to allow you to understand all the facets of life at UPS.

30andout

Agreed, I have learned more about this company through this site than I ever expected to know. Its a good source to allow you to understand all the facets of life at UPS.
Agree on that, although there are a few people who don't like what they hear that stick their fingers in their ears.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
It's really nice of you to take the time to acknowledge the Brown Cafe, thank you.

Most of what I do is maintain the technical stuff, nag about inappropriate behavior and kick out the occassional spammer. The members of our community are the heart and soul of this forum and you all deserve credit for your contributions.

I am grateful that you have chosen to participate. Thank you for using the Brown Cafe!

DS

Fenderbender
Cheryl,you are right that the members of the brown cafe` are indeed its heart and soul.But without you we would not have the benefit of accessing a place where we can all feel at home.Its a place to vent when we have a bad day,or brag when we have a good one.There`s 200 people a day logging in every day lately,and it seems to be growing quickly.
I`ve been coming here a long time,and its like having a second family,sometimes giving and often recieving advice.
Kudos to you Cheryl for believing in this site and putting up with all our crap.
I only wish that people would chat more.There should be an option for anyone online to be open for chat.The way it is now,there`s no reason to go in there because there`s nobody there.
Oh and another thing.The closest thing to the brown cafe` that fedex has is FedExaminer
They have too many rules,and ask for money.
How ya doin wily?

trickpony1

If I knew how to do it, I would nominate Cheryl for the Nobel Peace Prize........or is it the Pulitzer Prize? (no sarcasm intended).

I think Chery contributes immeasurably to our "community".

Keep up the good work:thumbup1:

over9five

Staff member
Brown Cafe has really exploded the last month or so. I can no longer read all the postings, there's just so many now!

A lot of good info, and good people too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like ds, I've been coming here a long time too. It's like the old "Cheers" bar where everybody knows your name. Please, no Norm jokes!!

Cheryl has continually done a wonderful job with this site and people like coming here. That makes her the hostess with the mostest!

This site is a regular part of my day both reading & posting. I agree with over9five....if I'm gone for a couple days (Vegas, baby!) it's really hard to catch up with all the posts.

Great job, Cheryl ! And, thanks !! :thumbup:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes Cheryl has done an extraordinary job. You can come here for advice encouragement, information, or just to vent. And she has a heart of Gold.