Have all of the Supplements been settled?

browned out

I like how he admits that these "casuals" work full time and that they need drivers but asks us to still vote yes instead of just forcing the company to hire more RPCDs.

The veiled threat at the end with the we need to vote Yes the first time or else is sad.

That garbage threat is the same type of threat the union used last contract in our area. The Local Union/Joint Counsel President stated 'We highly suggest you vote YES on this because you don't want the general public finding out how much $ you make; do you?'

WTF
is that? The general public can come right down and get a job at UPS. There are plenty of employment opportunities posted on the UPS website today.
I do not care what the general public knows about my pay or my benefits. Come on down and sign up. Anyone with a work ethic and a clean background check can get this job.

Hey Teamsters Union; take your threats and scare tactics and stick em in your rear dump stop area.

542thruNthru

That garbage threat is the same type of threat the union used last contract in our area. The Local Union/Joint Counsel President stated 'We highly suggest you vote YES on this because you don't want the general public finding out how much $ you make; do you?'

WTF
is that? The general public can come right down and get a job at UPS. There are plenty of employment opportunities posted on the UPS website today.
I do not care what the general public knows about my pay or my benefits. Come on down and sign up. Anyone with a work ethic and a clean background check can get this job.

Hey Teamsters Union; take your threats and scare tactics and stick em in your rear dump stop area.

I'm happy my local has never tried to scare us or threaten us into something. That I know of.

Was told by my Steward that our BA told him local 804 and our Supp are the only ones left and today is the last scheduled day for negotiations. We will see what happens.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

WTF

Why would anyone care with what the general public thinks of their wage? Did Abney care about making $7000 an hour?

542thruNthru

The way it seems every local is worried about how their members feel about this contract. It makes me wonder how the 2 person meetings go.

Do they ask how everyone actually feels about the contract like I believe OR is it "Hey this is the contract. This is how we want you to sell it."

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if criticism was severely frowned upon.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I feel a lot of politics in play here. Going to be intresting to see if locals are going to hard sell the National and what the blacklash will be if they do and piss off the membership more than they already are, placing themselves in the line of fire for supporting this trash.

browned out

UPS Rising states:

Meanwhile, after another round of negotiating sessions, the Teamsters UPS Supplemental Negotiating Committees have reached tentative agreements on many supplements to the National Master UPS agreement. However, there are some supplemental agreements which have not been finalized. The outstanding supplements are: Local 804, and Southwest Package and Sort Rider.S

Gimme Danger

Tell Brian that he is very close minded and also, he’s a pusillanimous! Great job caving to the company!

Our brilliant national lead negotiator set it up so that certain supplements are held ransom on needed pension increases, if their members pass it on the first try.

Members can still vote YES on their supplement and vote NO on the national. That's what I'm doing in New England.

BlackCat

Our brilliant national lead negotiator set it up so that certain supplements are held ransom on needed pension increases, if their members pass it on the first try.

Members can still vote YES on their supplement and vote NO on the national. That's what I'm doing in New England.

I would think that voting no on both would be the better choice.

Why get bound to one contract without knowing what the other one says?

wide load

Absolutely the same with me! I feel comfortable that article 66 is intact. It gives us additional 22.4 protection that D “bag” Taylor forgot about.

mikejonesjr

Wtf is that? Why doesnt the local care about what the members want. He wouldnt say make sure this passes the first time or else if he was was working for the members.

wide load

Can you elaborate?

@wide load there is an update in article 57 which prevents one day layoffs in RPCD classification, as protection against the BS 22.4b language 'when work is available.'
Excellent!! Thanks Danger! Bubble, I hope this helps. It pays when some negotiators don’t take no for an answer. Wish Taylor had that foresight. #clownshoes