Have you heard of the Orion System, what do you know?

Upsmule

Just like DC. Bureaucrats always know best. But disregard reality and the difference between paper work and where the rubber meets the road.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"The ORION team is leaving my building this week and they are blaming the dispatch sup for it not working in our center..."

​Sounds familiar. Blame the "dispatch sup" whose primary job is to supervise the preload.

Success and promotion as a UPS manager has nothing to do with your ability to solve problems and everything to do with your ability to assign the blame for them elsewhere.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Success and promotion as a UPS manager has nothing to do with your ability to solve problems and everything to do with your ability to assign the blame for them elsewhere.

Its probably been that way since day one when casey was blaming his brother for cutting out too many bike "routes" which caused service failures...

High volt

I sincerely hope you realize I'd rather have a couple more stops then stress myself with driving extra miles, digging though my load, and delivering odd and even sides simultaneously on a busy road etc...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cheryl just posted a link ups is spending a billion dollars a year to implement Orion. When pressed on how much this could save ups. The reply "if we cut 1 mile off every driver we can save 50 million a year"

so spend a billion to save 50 million?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Cheryl just posted a link ups is spending a billion dollars a year to implement Orion. When pressed on how much this could save ups. The reply "if we cut 1 mile off every driver we can save 50 million a year"

so spend a billion to save 50 million?

Come on Dude! Think about stuff before you post.
One billion a year is spent on technology is what Cheryl posted.
That includes Diads, PCs, telematics, back-up monitors, and probably a few calculators.
It also includes the salary of all personnel in Information Services, your local TSG technicians, etc.

I don't know how much Orion ​technology costs but if it is more than $10 million a year I will be surprised.
The cost for in-center maintenance of the data once fully implemented will be higher than the technology cost.

Indecisi0n

That includes Diads, PCs, telematics, back-up monitors, and probably a few calculators.
It also includes the salary of all personnel in Information Services, your local TSG technicians, etc.

I don't know how much Orion ​technology costs but if it is more than $10 million a year I will be surprised.
The cost for in-center maintenance of the data once fully implemented will be higher than the technology cost.

​Like

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The article said they have spent 1 billion a year on technology since 2003. The wording sounded to me like all this technology has been used to collect data over the years for Orion's implementation. I know we spend tons on technology that maybe isn't directly related to Orion. I also know they could care less about saving the 50 million a year. It's all about making the drivers job so that anyone can step in and do it.