Hazard pay petition

dezguy

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

bacha29

I didn't know FedEx promised "no layoffs". I'm wondering how long that will last if the economy continues to contract. My guess is maybe a month or two at most. Please don't believe management. They'll say whatever they need to right now to keep people working during the pandemic.

Ground is basically a scab UPS Brown, and Fred knew exactly what he was doing as he diverted Express profits into building Ground infrastructure. Remember, this is while they were telling us how poor FedEx was and that there would be either minimal raises or no raises. Those extra lean years for Express employees allowed Smith to build his non-union replica of Brown. And he did it.

In the current political/economic environment the argument over whether or not Ground drivers are employees has largely been forgotten. The recent Supreme Court decision in regard to franchisees won't help the matter.

Ground was a major victory for Smith, and if you look at Jeff Bezos and Amazon, the FedEx Ground model is essentially working for them too. All of their drivers are contracted, the planes are leased, and very few are actually real "employees".
Drivers are the employees of contractors and are required to be treated as W-2 employees . if you looked around hard enough you might find a contractor here and there tossing out 1099's but they'll get caught eventually. While contractors have so called "proprietary rights" whatever those rights are is a moving target and can and will be whatever Fat Freddy says they are. But the reality is that it's really just a supplier agreement and it'll be a cold day in hell when they have to go so far as to grant full franchisee rights to a contractor and legally refer to them as "franchisee's".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fake News, FedEx can't offer Ground routes to Express employees because they are owned by contractors. Ttku bro...

That brings up a great point. They are talking about transferring Ground packages to Express, which means they are taking work from routes owned by contractors. Even a single package is still Ground "work" and controlled by the contractor, who "owns" both the route and any and all packages destined for said route.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
OK. Find my post where I said no one ever quits Ground. I'll wait.
The way you talk you'd think that a Ground job was the holy grail of employment.

Those Ground routes run every day and there are better jobs out there. Why aren't Ground guys leaving to get them?
How do you know they're not? Maybe they have and they somehow forgot to notify you.

Agreed. Why aren't Ground guys going after those better jobs if they aren't being paid a fare wage?
It's fair, not fare. Quitting school in the 4th grade at age 22 did you no favors.

Tell me the names of the cities where the trucks full of packages are sitting idle because they don't have people to run the routes.
Trailertrash, Arkansas your hometown.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The way you talk you'd think that a Ground job was the holy grail of employment.

The way you think, I can see you coming to such a dumb conclusion from statements that imply no such thing.

How do you know they're not? Maybe they have and they somehow forgot to notify you.

And someone comes in to fill their spots.

It's fair, not fare. Quitting school in the 4th grade at age 22 did you no favors.

Wanna compare paychecks?

Trailertrash, Arkansas your hometown.

Never heard of it. What's it like?

CatMan

Guys , cut out the attacks regarding spelling it's not a spelling bee ..when you know what the intent is...it's really middle school stuff!...If you're stumped , find a meaningful rebuttal !

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let's see...I have a FedEx pension, plus a pension from another company I worked at before FDX plus income form my current job.

So yeah, anytime doughboy.

Did you get a came crawling back bonus?

You have the pension from a job you left because it wasn't as good as FedEx, and the FedEx pension that you always complained about, and a play job.

Two weak pensions and a bad job. Bet you're rolling in the dough.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You have the pension from a job you left because it wasn't as good as FedEx, and the FedEx pension that you always complained about, and a play job.

Two weak pensions and a bad job. Bet you're rolling in the dough.
If that's you wanna' believe :censored2:.