Hazard pay petition

bacha29

@It will be fine thinks there will be a million suckers willing to risk getting infected and/or bringing it home to their families to make less than to stay at home safe. LMAO!
If you go back and read my earlier post you would understand that the guy with 500 routes has no more leverage with X Ground than a guy with 5 routes because they all sign the same contract. And whether you're a 500 route guy or a 5 route guy the jobs they offer pay basically fast food wages and zero benefits because the rates and settlements do not allow for anymore Furthermore it's like I said ,you really and truly do have to have 3 guys on every truck. One coming, one driving, and one leaving. if you are one of the very few who can keep up with the huge turnover and remain viable then OK but it's all just a matter of local demographics.

After all even Trump said himself......the worst days for COVID are yet to come. Potentially over 2 million infected and as many as 240,000 killed. So don't believe everything IWBF is trying to tell you. He's scared feces less too because this is going to get much worse and even if he is lucky enough to find some fool willing to climb in one of those tin coffins on wheels chances are there won't be much in them to deliver this summer given that Q2 and Q3 projections are running as bad as ......-35% That's a NEGATIVE 35% and pre market futures are pointing toward another bad day on Wall Street tomorrow.

CatMan

When the dust settles, assuming that there's no zombie apocalypse, there will be plenty of hard up Express Couriers looking for work (even though Fedex promised no layoffs) ...and when this final mile thing really gets rolling they will be offering ground routes to those guys , downgrading them and if they refuse they would essentially be resigning...I have respect for those guys but pity them for the situation they're in...it was the corporate blunder of the century to split up our once great company, chasing UPS's volume. ..now look what's happened...Yes I blame Fred...he inadvertently created the damn near minimum wage delivery guy..Enter Ground. ..following closely by Amazon...

MAKAVELI

When the dust settles, assuming that there's no zombie apocalypse, there will be plenty of hard up Express Couriers looking for work (even though Fedex promised no layoffs) ...and when this final mile thing really gets rolling they will be offering ground routes to those guys , downgrading them and if they refuse they would essentially be resigning...I have respect for those guys but pity them for the situation they're in...it was the corporate blunder of the century to split up our once great company, chasing UPS's volume. ..now look what's happened...Yes I blame Fred...he inadvertently created the damn near minimum wage delivery guy..Enter Ground. ..following closely by Amazon...
Fake News, FedEx can't offer Ground routes to Express employees because they are owned by contractors. Ttku bro...

Last edited:

CatMan

I know that policy about no layoffs , but this will be a seismic shift, and I don't put it past them about changing that antiquated no layoff policy .desperate times , desperate messures bro...

bacha29

What if X lays them off and cut ties?..Then ground can hire them .
But before they go to work for a Ground plantation owner they should take a look at the number of stops they would be required to do in a day and the truck freight that was stolen off the LTL's and thrown onto a ground van to drag up 3 or 4 flights of stairs.

CatMan

I wasn't talking about any stimulus, I was actually looking big picture, like 1 or 2 years from now when ground will need to triple their fleet , after they absorb most of the non time sensitive freight from Express and UPS...Bruh!

MAKAVELI

I wasn't talking about any stimulus, I was actually looking big picture, like 1 or 2 years from now when ground will need to triple their fleet , after they absorb most of the non time sensitive freight from Express and UPS...Bruh!
Who the :censored2: is worried about 1-2 years from now with what's going on now? Bruh..

It will be fine

Who the :censored2: is worried about 1-2 years from now with what's going on now? Bruh..
Anyone with forethought that recognizes even in the worst case scenario this will pass. It would be like an idiot thinking temporary unemployment is a better life choice than maintaining employment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Conversely, it was our corporate blunder of the century to ignore/dismiss RPS as a potential competitor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I didn't know FedEx promised "no layoffs". I'm wondering how long that will last if the economy continues to contract. My guess is maybe a month or two at most. Please don't believe management. They'll say whatever they need to right now to keep people working during the pandemic.

Ground is basically a scab UPS Brown, and Fred knew exactly what he was doing as he diverted Express profits into building Ground infrastructure. Remember, this is while they were telling us how poor FedEx was and that there would be either minimal raises or no raises. Those extra lean years for Express employees allowed Smith to build his non-union replica of Brown. And he did it.

In the current political/economic environment the argument over whether or not Ground drivers are employees has largely been forgotten. The recent Supreme Court decision in regard to franchisees won't help the matter.

Ground was a major victory for Smith, and if you look at Jeff Bezos and Amazon, the FedEx Ground model is essentially working for them too. All of their drivers are contracted, the planes are leased, and very few are actually real "employees".

CatMan

MrFedex, your obviously intelligent, articulate , well read and passionate. ...bordering on zealous sounds like you somehow got a raw deal, I wish I knew your back story to justify your venomous tone..everyone has a different story to tell...don't get me wrong , I've had a couple of stink ass managers along the way that can cripple moral and comprised work ethic ,and have been shafted too ...but nothing that would compel me to take that type of action...I guess I've been lucky, I've stayed the course kept my composure and made it this far...but it's been a bumpy road for sure...

CatMan

I didn't know FedEx promised "no layoffs". I'm wondering how long that will last if the economy continues to contract. My guess is maybe a month or two at most. Please don't believe management. They'll say whatever they need to right now to keep people working during the pandemic.

Ground is basically a scab UPS Brown, and Fred knew exactly what he was doing as he diverted Express profits into building Ground infrastructure. Remember, this is while they were telling us how poor FedEx was and that there would be either minimal raises or no raises. Those extra lean years for Express employees allowed Smith to build his non-union replica of Brown. And he did it.

In the current political/economic environment the argument over whether or not Ground drivers are employees has largely been forgotten. The recent Supreme Court decision in regard to franchisees won't help the matter.

Ground was a major victory for Smith, and if you look at Jeff Bezos and Amazon, the FedEx Ground model is essentially working for them too. All of their drivers are contracted, the planes are leased, and very few are actually real "employees".
That's spot on man!

CatMan

CatMan-----you are obviously well read and articulate; however, you may want to look up the terms moral and morale.
Lol...your right , and I also get criticism for my writing technique. ..but that's me...crap , I forgot to proof read...and spell check didn't bail me out....but seriously , if I was in the middle of the pack I'm sure I'd have a much different narrative.