Hazard pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Staydryitsraining, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I just noticed that the link above that I posted says you need to be logged in to read the article. Here it is...

Italian Embassy corrects UK minister claim that 'over 60s not being treated'

20 March 2020 By Costanza Pearce

The Italian Embassy has moved to quell fears after UK health minister Nadine Dorries claimed that Italy has stopped intubating patients over 60.

It comes as it was announced yesterday that almost 3,500 patients have now died from coronavirus (Covid-19) in Italy, surpassing the number of deaths in China, according to the BBC.

In a Tweet that has now been deleted, Ms Dorries said: ‘Sobering @itvnews Italy has stopped intubating patients over 60. All ICU patients on ventilators are below 60 and not one has been weaned back off to breath independently.

‘We must follow the advice on social distancing if we are to crack this #coronavirus.’

However, the Italian embassy said this was ‘fake news’ and called on Ms Dorries to ‘deny it immediately’.

It added: ‘Italian health system staff have been working round the clock to save “all” human lives.’

2. davidix

davidix Active Member

Well my boss hasn’t asked me if I want to stay home..so in other words yes, we’re being forced.

They need to offer unpaid leave for those that don’t want to be out there. A lot of people would gladly take the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Well-Known Member

wrong

4. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

No we shouldn't but honestly they should just take our trucks off the road for a few days. Show the Democrats and Republicans who's really running the show.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. rocket man

Lol

6. MattM

MattM Active Member

This is the one and only major question that remaining employees have at my building.

BAs say it will never happen.

Many list the 10-15 other companies paying hazard pay.
    .I guess it's time to use the Rock solid health care insurance

7. Over70irregs

Over70irregs Active Member

No mask = Hazard Pay

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

How many of those same people could afford to be out of work for an extended period of time without pay?

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Uh........no.

10. Over70irregs

No hazard pay = File on everything (Since I’m Essential/Expendable)

11. Over70irregs

Human toll due to worshiping $ is incalculable.

12. zimbomb

zimbomb Member

I've been filling for management working hours for the past few weeks. I've never filed in 13 year's. It's my right and I don't think I'll stop. I should be seeing a fat "hazard pay" check in a few months.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

Disposable.

14. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

@Turdferguson in the high risk group. High Blood Pressure, Diabetic and overweight. He is manning the Customer Counter like a boss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. rocket man

16. rocket man

Our pay rate is higher than most people that we deliver to. except for you 22.4 that thought it wasn't important to vote. Even with people getting hazard pay and other companies their way to pay it's not even what we make. Except 22.4 who didn't vote.

17. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Doing the Lord's work.

18. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

You should self-isolate yourself out of this conversation.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

If I were to do that it would dramatically lower the overall level of intelligence both in this thread and on the forum as a whole.

20. Over70irregs

Grievance.....Paid.