Hazard pay?

centinel

Get on the 9.5 list and grieve your excessive overtime. There's your "hazard pay." That's your reward for holding down the fort while the malingerers on FMLA, disability, sick call, etc. sit at home safe while your arse is out there. It's only going to get worse as more COVID-19 cases develop and the body count increases. Expect more drivers to walk.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Get on the 9.5 list and grieve your excessive overtime. There's your "hazard pay." That's your reward for holding down the fort while the malingerers on FMLA, disability, sick call, etc. sit at home safe while you're arse is out there. It's only going to get worse as more COVID-19 cases develop and the body count increases. Expect more drivers to walk.
walk? lol. Ain't no drivers walking anywhere but to their package cars and their cheating wives. They know how good they got it.

centinel

walk? lol. Ain't no drivers walking anywhere but to their package cars and their cheating wives. They know how good they got it.
Cover drivers will. At some point, the risks will outweigh their limited rewards. The abuse already hurled at them by management will only be gasoline on the fire. There goes the back bench.

D

Deleted member 77202

We should all feel very blessed & glad we're able to service our communities during this crisis. When supplies become available I hope UPS does the right thing and tries to supply as many as possible, Hospitals need these supplies right now guys so stop complaining about it. I saw Amazon and I believe Costco and chase and bank of America have all came out and gave their employees a bonus (Hazard Pay) or in amazons case double time for overtime worked. Do I think UPS should give us hazard pay? No, but I feel like it would be a great gesture to us employees if they did, it would differently be a much needed moral boost.
We should all feel very blessed & glad we're able to service our communities during this crisis. When supplies become available I hope UPS does the right thing and tries to supply as many as possible, Hospitals need these supplies right now guys so stop complaining about it. I saw Amazon and I believe Costco and chase and bank of America have all came out and gave their employees a bonus (Hazard Pay) or in amazons case double time for overtime worked. Do I think UPS should give us hazard pay? No, but I feel like it would be a great gesture to us employees if they did, it would differently be a much needed moral boost.

I thought I was the only one out there to be extremely grateful for having a good job during this difficult time in our country and for knowing that what I do matters to the thousands of people in my area who depend on me to receive, process, and prepare their life-sustaining packages for delivery.

D

Deleted member 77202

Like a wet dream. We all secretly want it to happen but know it's not going to.

I knew no one would be able to explain what it was.

I think it's a made-up term because I've been working for several decades, and I've never heard of it before.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I know this Hazard pay legislation is in the beginning stages but it looks like the company would have to apply for the Hazard pay or Heroes pay. The article I read said there is no requirement to apply for it. I wonder how incentivized UPS management will be to apply for $13 more an hour for its hourlies. If management doesn't qualify for it I would say they would work at substantially less than 40% of full effort to get this for us.

Indecisi0n

I know this Hazard pay legislation is in the beginning stages but it looks like the company would have to apply for the Hazard pay or Heroes pay. The article I read said there is no requirement to apply for it. I wonder how incentivized UPS management will be to apply for $13 more an hour for its hourlies. If management doesn't qualify for it I would say they would work at substantially less than 40% of full effort to get this for us.
Hero's pay , HAHAHAHAHA