Hazard Pay?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So Drivers are in no danger?

oie_overlay.gif
I was saying that UPS thinks we were already overpaid prior to COVID-19.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was saying that UPS thinks we were already overpaid prior to COVID-19.
That's why I thought the union should have played the public sympathy card. Drag out crying and sickly employees for the cameras left and right. Leak out stories of employees dropping like flies, etc, always mentioning hazard pay other companies are paying. The behind the scene understanding being hazard pay makes this go away.

oie_overlay.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's why I thought the union should have played the public symphony card. Drag out crying and sickly employees for the cameras left and right. Leak out stories of employees dropping like flies, etc, always mentioning hazard pay other companies are paying. The behind the scene understanding being hazard pay makes this go away.

oie_overlay.gif
The media has been riddled with stories like the ones you ask for?
Not sure who is "dropping dime", but they are out there daily.
Just read this one about a half hour ago.

Despite massive demand and government funding, FedEx and UPS have cut hiring by as much as 62%

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's why I thought the union should have played the public symphony card. Drag out crying and sickly employees for the cameras left and right. Leak out stories of employees dropping like flies, etc, always mentioning hazard pay other companies are paying. The behind the scene understanding being hazard pay makes this go away.

oie_overlay.gif

...as opposed to the private symphony card...?

oie_overlay.gif

Youre 100% correct with this, the Union has no out of the box thinkers. Still stuck in the 1970s. As a paying member of the Union, I’ve witnessed over Covid19, that union heads and UPS leadership are in bed together. It should be interesting in June with UPS going with a female CEO. Many of you Trump dopes will have a tough time with a woman in charge.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Anyone know if the union requested hazard pay from the company? Many companies are currently paying it.

The company only offered the 2 week covid-19 payments for those in the quarantine guidelines. The International has been lobbying the Congress for the front line/ essential employee/ first responder part of the stimulus package. Ideas that were floated was time and half payment for all hours worked. Others ideas were a one time payment of $25K which included truck drivers.