Hazard Pay?

The company only offered the 2 week covid-19 payments for those in the quarantine guidelines. The International has been lobbying the Congress for the front line/ essential employee/ first responder part of the stimulus package. Ideas that were floated was time and half payment for all hours worked. Others ideas were a one time payment of $25K which included truck drivers.
One of my friends works for a food distributor and they are forced mandatory overtime at least 6 days a week but at least the company is paying a double time for all hours after 8.
I thought that was pretty cool

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
One of my friends works for a food distributor and they are forced mandatory overtime at least 6 days a week but at least the company is paying a double time for all hours after 8.
I thought that was pretty cool

It is a decent company. I know some friends from the local in Coke and Pepsi and they are getting a couple bucks an hour extra which includes the warehouse. One of the beer groups is getting a couple bucks as well. I didn't say that UPS was doing the right thing(they aren't). Just answering the original question of did the IBT ask for haz pay. They aren't required but they could care about the employees a whiole bunch more. If employees didn't show up because of the situation, I'm sure they would have to do something. Our guys making $37 an hour probably makes the difference. I'm surprised more part time employees haven't told them to pack sand.

It is a decent company. I know some friends from the local in Coke and Pepsi and they are getting a couple bucks an hour extra which includes the warehouse. One of the beer groups is getting a couple bucks as well. I didn't say that UPS was doing the right thing(they aren't). Just answering the original question of did the IBT ask for haz pay. They aren't required but they could care about the employees a whiole bunch more. If employees didn't show up because of the situation, I'm sure they would have to do something. Our guys making $37 an hour probably makes the difference. I'm surprised more part time employees haven't told them to pack sand.
Get this peak like work continues all your round some of them might
Yes that's full timers make a good buck and I'm really not expecting any more money put some gestures in Goodwill would be nice or maybe a show up bonus for the part-time people or at least not try to get them out and less than three and a half hours so they can make a couple extra bucks you know?

KingofFluff

Yes that's full timers make a good buck and I'm really not expecting any more money put some gestures in Goodwill would be nice or maybe a show up bonus for the part-time people or at least not try to get them out and less than three and a half hours so they can make a couple extra bucks you know?
Code yellow initiated

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think "elected leaders" should get some sort of extra compensation.

542thruNthru

How about the company do the right thing like many others doing. If you want to break from a union in the 95 language then do as follows
Knock off all the buddy** any hours over 9 is double time and all people forced to work 6 punches is also double time

I like the forced double pay idea. I actually wrote that down for the next contract proposals last week.

Today the Teamsters were at the facility handing out Teamster masks. Asked if I wanted one, told them no thanks. I’ll take the cost of the mask. I asked why we didn’t go for hazard pay. No answer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today the Teamsters were at the facility handing out Teamster masks. Asked if I wanted one, told them no thanks. I’ll take the cost of the mask. I asked why we didn’t go for hazard pay. No answer.

The adult response would have been: "Thank you for the mask. I appreciate your concern for our well being."

Your local officials have zero say when it comes to hazard pay so why pester them about it.