Hazard Pay

Pbandjelly

Is anyone else concerned about getting hazard pay? I think we should all receive hazard pay due to the coronavirus and all the protests going on. People are getting paid stimulus checks of $600 to sit at home and we are actually working in the dangerous environment, not receiving a penny more. Who is with me? I demand hazard pay!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Is anyone else concerned about getting hazard pay? I think we should all receive hazard pay due to the coronavirus and all the protests going on. People are getting paid stimulus checks of $600 to sit at home and we are actually working in the dangerous environment, not receiving a penny more. Who is with me? I demand hazard pay!

Your hazard pay has been donated to United Way. :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No

AwashBwashCwash

It is all just a hoax.

It's not quite a hoax. There is legislation pending that would grant us hazard compensation. Under the HEROES act we'd be getting an additional $13 an hour for every hour worked from 1/27/2020 until 60 days after the last day of the COVID public emergency, with a maximum cap of $10,000. It already passed the House but the chances of it passing the Senate are basically 0.

I'm not sure why so many people here scoff at this. Personally I'd gladly welcome the additional money. I think it's a little crazy how it's more lucrative right now to be literally unemployed than it is to work preload at UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What hazard? Are you really old or obese?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can I at least get like a farewell meatlovers pizza before I die?
front_en.6.full.jpg

Four more cheeses than you deserve.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Most of the guys here won't qualify so you won't get the support you're looking for.