Healthcare when you Strike?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If we strike is should be on October 8th.
tenor (20).gif

LagunaBrown

My eye is twitching.

I think calling your positions opinions invalidates your arguments. Something either will or won't happen and we reason their probability based on what we know.

Personally, I don't know if we'll lose healthcare during a strike but I also don't care if we do. The last strike was 16 days(I think). I think I'll be able to hold out. It's not a serious threat.
It’s not about opinions people just need to know. It depends on your healthcare plan so just ask your BA.

LagunaBrown

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Teamcare benefits will not cover you after you are off more than a week. Talk to you locals and ask this question. Don’t shoot the messenger, ask the hard questions. I can’t tell you what you want to hear I will just tell you what will happen.
@Gumby is this true?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That’s not even funny. COBRA is serious.
giphy (4).gif

So is ours and the people who follow us futures. So stop with the bull:censored2: scare tactics and let people make an informed decision on the contract without all the propaganda. If the contract works out for you and you're comfortable with it vote yes, if you don't like it and think they can do better vote no. Stop insinuating if they vote no we are going on strike and their kids are going to die

LagunaBrown

View attachment 213769
So is ours and the people who follow us futures. So stop with the bull:censored2: scare tactics and let people make an informed decision on the contract without all the propaganda. If the contract works out for you and you're comfortable with it vote yes, if you don't like it and think they can do better vote no. Stop insinuating if they vote no we are going on strike and their kids are going to die
Stop insinuating if you vote no there won’t be. Total hypocrisy!

LagunaBrown

Honest question.....what makes you think there will be a strike if voted down? We have been working under the old contract since Aug. 1st.
Honestly it could be just fine. Or it could get passed due to low voter turnout. We could loose volume or the company make a worse offer. There is just a lot of directions it could go. Whenever some is telling you it’s one way only that is a red flag.

iruhnman630

Hate to say it, but Laguna is right....there could possibly be a work stoppage after the first vote.

But does anybody honestly believe the union leaders, who just spent 2 months selling the yes vote, would suddenly flip and go into strike mode?

Or does anybody believe the company would lock out just before peak season?

We're not striking.

At the very least, both parties would need to first figure out what went wrong before reopening negotiations.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
WFD. Even if we strike it will be worth not having healthcare for a week for a better contract. Not the end of the world. First day back healthcare is also back. Keep digging up scare tactics.

Tony Q

Hate to say it, but Laguna is right....there could possibly be a work stoppage after the first vote.

But does anybody honestly believe the union leaders, who just spent 2 months selling the yes vote, would suddenly flip and go into strike mode?

Or does anybody believe the company would lock out just before peak season?

We're not striking.

At the very least, both parties would need to first figure out what went wrong before reopening negotiations.
There might be a reason people are selling a yes vote. This could be because people know this is the best offer that the company will give.

Tony Q

WFD. Even if we strike it will be worth not having healthcare for a week for a better contract. Not the end of the world. First day back healthcare is also back. Keep digging up scare tactics.
When we strike it won’t be for a week. I’ve warned you all along. Ups is ready to scrap this whole thing and change the business model. Coming back a whole lot leaner.