Heart Attack

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I am amazed how the body can bounce back from such trauma. My recovery has been going really well and expect to be back at work within the next 3 to 4 weeks. Right now to key to me getting back to work is dropping the weight i have put on since the heartattack. I feel good in 1st and 2nd gear but it is in 3rd gear that bothers my heart. As i lose weight this will allow me to get into 3rd gear. My oral fixations are still there but not near as bad but sadly still there. Sunflower seeds have helped but i have to rinse them off and put in oven because sodium is so high.

I told my center manager that when i come back it would have to be in the middle of peak, that's just my luck. But that i should try to prolong it so that i return on january 1st. He didn't think that was a good idea.

But knowing i am coming back prob around dec 1st i really need to make sure im in tip top shape cause we all know what kind of chaos i will be in store for.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Naah having a family of 5 we need me to be back asap. Bills are stacking up and christmas is right there. Ohh i didn't mention i get top pay a little after the first of dec. But we really need the money and that is the soonest doc and i see me safely returning. Safety first my family deserves a papa and a husband.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cobra....good luck with your recuperation. You mentioned 'oral fixation'...does that mean you quit smoking? If so, just expect that urge to be there........after 2 years since quitting I want one every morning with my coffee. I just find a distraction and the urge goes away. If I read the paper with my morning coffee, then I don't have free hands to make me crave one. It's hard, but worth it.

Adlar

Banned
Hi Cobra,
How are you feeling now? Keep updating us with your treatment and recovery and like to add some tips to prevent stroke and heart disease.
Do start cardio exercises to manage stress and limit salt, high content and oily food. Keep your attitude positive and quit smoking, alcohol and other stimulants.

Adlar

Banned
Hi Cobra,
How are you feeling now? Keep updating us with your treatment and recovery and like to add some tips to prevent stroke and heart disease.
Do start cardio exercises to manage stress and limit salt, high content and oily food. Keep your attitude positive and quit smoking, alcohol and other stimulants.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My miracle man had his almost five yr check up and it was stellar. Bp good, cholestrol, good and bad, good. risks minimal. Not too bad for a quintuple bypass!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
My miracle man had his almost five yr check up and it was stellar. Bp good, cholestrol, good and bad, good. risks minimal. Not too bad for a quintuple bypass!!

Awesome!!!

I'm so happy for you and your hubby. Keep doing whatever you are doing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks all!! more I just kick him in the butt, alot.
Cheryl , that is exactly what the doc said, as they did not expect him to stay good this long. With so much damage. We dont follow the rule, "if it tastes good spit it out"
We do everything in moderation. He always, we not so much. He eats early as I dont get home til too late to eat. Beef maybe once a week, twice if its a good reason, rarely fast food. No prepared foods full of sodium, but he loves the shaker of salt.
I berated him for moving railroad ties the other day, (no I bitched at him) but my son had bought him a winch for Christmas coz he knew...........which he used...........
He rides his harley which increases his good mood, and its really fast which gets his heart rate up. I dont know what all contributes to the going well thingy, but I know we are blessed. We have seen younger men, never get a second chance, and it humbles us.

beentheredonethat

No prepared foods full of sodium, but he loves the shaker of salt.

Tooner... Congratulations on the good news. I know it takes a bit to get used to, but at home I bought the "NoSalt" It's made of Potassium Chloride instead os Sodium Chloride. It's much better for you then regular salt. (Remember sometimes you hear people suggest eating banana's for the Potassium?" Well this gives you the potassium without the negative effects of it being high in simple carbs. After a while, you don't notice the difference in taste. Try it, and have him add a dash of the "nosalt" along with some regular salt. Eventually he can keep reducing the regular salt and increasing this.

Hope this helps.

Its has been a long time since my last post, it has been quite a pleasure to come back here and read away. To make a long, long story short I am 33 and had a heart attack last friday. (not on the job called in before it happened)1. I do not have high blood pressure2. I do not have high cholesterol 3. I do not have hypertension I could go on and on with the I DO NOT Have list (trust me) It is genetic, my mom passed away at 44. This is not a woe is me post by any means. I will be back tearin up rts before the center manager knows it. I have contacted central states for my temp disability and been in touch and encouraged by my center manager. I know i will be back, I know it will take time for my heart muscle to heal. I have been told that i can return to work when i am 100% released from my dr. I have been with the company long enough to know that their has to be some sort of hoop that i have to jump through before i can return to work, but no one has made me aware of what this hoop might be? What kind of whool might the big brown monster try to pull over my eyes at the 11th hour before i return to work. My wife does not work my 3 kids are homeschooled and i am on temp disability. Are their any questions i am not asking that i should be? Inquiring minds would like to know.
hope you're doing well