Held accountable for telematics and 9.5 hour dispatches

Staydryitsraining

This contract is a sad mess, the above talking about how they can discipline now should be treasonous. Hoffa and all high ranking members who pushed this on us should be fired and dealt with like its 1982.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Correction: The 9.5 list is not automatic, per the Master, but you can opt-in/out on the lists according to the following.

View attachment 234565

This is the new language regarding technology and discipline.

View attachment 234566
It's not nearly as bad as the center manager is describing, since they still have to persue physical (observed) proof of a cardinal sin with telematics only being a supporting factor.

The real scare factor, what I've mentioned could be the worst section of the new contract, is that inside scanners are exempt from this article. This includes counts for when the scanner is not in use for longer than 5 minutes, hourly PPH, scan exceptions (not a misload, but " " walking into the wrong car " ") missed scans and of course misloads and missed cuts.

RolloTony Brown Town

My center manager this morning announced that under the new contract, he can hold people accountable for telematics and going over 9,5 hours on a dispatch. For instance, you can now be held accountable for no seat belts, recording in travel, recording while idling, and bulk head door open while driving. He also claims that everyone will be on the 9.5 list and you cant be taken off it. You will also be held liable for going over 9.5 hours on a 9.5 hour dispatch.

Any truth to this? I call Bull:censored2: but have no proof. Thank you for your comments in advance!

What your manager chooses to hold you accountable to is his choice. He can’t do anything without a physical observation that corroborates what telematics tells him.

Have you spoken to your steward or BA? I bet they wouldn’t agree with your manager’s statement.

542thruNthru

What your manager chooses to hold you accountable to is his choice. He can’t do anything without a physical observation that corroborates what telematics tells him.

Have you spoken to your steward or BA? I bet they wouldn’t agree with your manager’s statement.

This is not exactly true.

You can not be discharged solely by telematics. Though as you can see by the second highlighted paragraph. You can be disciplined based solely on telematics only after the second violation and a verbal warning.
sketch-1549402177153.png

Rack em

Made the Podium

This always bugs me because whats stopping the manager from just saying he witnessed you when he really didn't. Do they have to have video proof?

BlackCat

This always bugs me because whats stopping the manager from just saying he witnessed you when he really didn't. Do they have to have video proof?

I would argue that if they witnessed you working unsafely, and they allowed you to continue working unsafely, they should be held equally accountable.

Staydryitsraining

The game has changed you all are arguing over what? It clearly says you can be disciplined. Sit down, then verbal, then ding ding write up and so on. Pray your some where hourlies arent scared and arent buddy buddy with management and your steward and ba arent worthless.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
My center manager this morning announced that under the new contract, he can hold people accountable for telematics and going over 9,5 hours on a dispatch. For instance, you can now be held accountable for no seat belts, recording in travel, recording while idling, and bulk head door open while driving. He also claims that everyone will be on the 9.5 list and you cant be taken off it. You will also be held liable for going over 9.5 hours on a 9.5 hour dispatch.

Any truth to this? I call Bull:censored2: but have no proof. Thank you for your comments in advance!
Ask him to show you in black and white

RolloTony Brown Town

Well I suppose it depends on what the supervisor or manager is claiming and what type of track record the employee has. I don’t know that video proof is needed but I’ve seen a driver caught on video and he got his job back after a week.

reginald95

The game has changed you all are arguing over what? It clearly says you can be disciplined. Sit down, then verbal, then ding ding write up and so on. Pray your some where hourlies arent scared and arent buddy buddy with management and your steward and ba arent worthless.

How was the game changed? You still can't get fired solely on technology. They have to observe you do it physically then they still have to go through the discipline process. Stop being a baby.

WTFm8

Yes. I’ve been followed at least 5 times last year. Always positives for using signals, tucking mirror, 3 points, etc.

BUT this last time they called me over to nag about nearly double parking but leaving enough space for people to get around. 6 vehicles passed the package car and the building and disctrict managers took a pic of every vehicle and called me over/showed me... while 2 more passed by LOL

They said I should have parked to block road off or around the block and walked the packages (mini fridge and a small)... yet the building manager and ORS would complain otherwise for ‘over allowed’.

I park smarter now and work at a safer pace. ‘Over allowed’ has increased but they can’t do anything.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How was the game changed? You still can't get fired solely on technology. They have to observe you do it physically then they still have to go through the discipline process. Stop being a baby.

Yes, but once they give you verbal counseling based on telematics they can begin progressive discipline, based solely on telematics, up to termination. That's a step backwards for us, no two ways about it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So you cant be protected by 9.5 unless you have 4 years of full time deiver seniority?
That is one of the possible ways to get on the list, but there are other ways. It's funny how the new contract doesn't change the stipulations for getting on the 9.5 list so the cover drivers and people under 4 years will still be getting screwed. That's why I got on the 9.5 list as soon as I qualified after peak because I know how much work they will try to put on me being a driver under 4 years once the new contract is finally implemented. Our center likely won't have 22.4 drivers so cover drivers are in for a world of hurt lol.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s nothing new than what they already had before and I haven’t seen anyone walked out of here for Fictitious Method “violations” in 25 years of time here..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes, but once they give you verbal counseling based on telematics they can begin progressive discipline, based solely on telematics, up to termination. That's a step backwards for us, no two ways about it.
They aren’t going to walk you out of here for not grabbing a handrail....progressive discipline or not....