Held By Origin Location?

zeus2ez

I have received a notification and noticed numerous questions relating to the "held by origin location" definition. This is an official response from UPS and hopefully resolve the confusion:

Customer Question-
What does "held by origin location" mean?

Thank you for your question. UPS shipments will generally receive at least three in-transit scans: Origin, Location, and Out for Delivery. This scan information shows that your package has traveled through Ohio on its way to the final destination. A shipment may also receive scans each time it arrives, and is sorted through intermediate locations. These scans capture a moment in time as the shipment travels to its ultimate destination. The last scan on a package in transit is not necessarily an indication of its current location. With the exception of the Delivery scan, each scan indicates that the package is in transit.

If your package has not received a scan for more than 24 hours, it is traveling by trailer or train to the next sorting point and will not be scanned again until it reaches that point. Scan information is uploaded throughout the day, and delivery information will be available within 90 minutes of delivery. Our records indicate that your shipment is on-time and currently in-transit to its destination. The scheduled delivery date is Tuesday, December 17th, 2013, and you can expect delivery by the end of the day.

Each shipment automatically receives one delivery attempt per day for three consecutive business days. Deliveries are generally made to residences between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM local time. Please be aware that the shipment date, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not considered transit days. For the most up-to-date tracking information, please refer to the following link:

http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

If there are any other questions I can assist with, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Geneva M.
UPS Social Media Team