Hello! Question re: Tuition Reimbursement

papyrophobia

I'm a part-time employee at the Jacksonville hub and a month away from my three year anniversary with UPS. That being said, I am absolutely desperate to leave this unholy marriage. I'm interested in going back to school and getting my CLA license, but the courses offered at UNF are non-credit courses. So this led me to wonder if anyone on here has used UPS tuition reimbursement to pay for certifications or if UPS will only cover people seeking diplomas.

papyrophobia

I found a 1-800 number for the EDCOR office that manages the E&L program, so I'll be calling them Monday to see if they will reimburse students in non-credit courses. I'll be sure to post what they tell me on here for posterity. It's interesting that not all the locations offer the E&L program, though. Read a post on here while I was searching for information on tuition reimbursement and the poster mentioned it might have something to do with how high/low the hub's turnover rate is. I don't know about other places, but UPS is often described as "the job everyone quits" in Jacksonville. We recently lost three people in the span of a month on my PD.