Questions about calling in sick(PT package loader) Short version in replies

Poop Head

Judge me.
They must keep prescribing her the "purple juice"
c242dc91afa549438b0c6be747bba284.jpg

By The Book

I was really sick. I would not miss work for a sore throat/cough/runny nose or whatever, if that's what you're trying to say, I was probably working for 4 or 5 days with a sinus infection hacking up(not from the lungs) bloody mucus.

Probably would have about 5 less missed days if it wasn't for someone coming in when they're sick for a few days just to miss a whole week(my old supervior) afterwards, so now I do it too, just makes me miss more days though.
Reading your posts it's becoming clearer what you should do. You need to cut back the number of school credits, eat better(no drinking), and get 8-9 hours of sleep. You may only be able to handle 6-8 credits and this job. Whatever you're doing isn't working for your health or your job, your out of balance. So you take a little longer to reach your goals in school, but you'll reach them.

AlliSeeisBrown

You should check with your doctor about your immune system because if all of this is true, this won't just affect this job, it will affect your career. Not many career level jobs will put up with this :censored2: even if it really isn't your fault.
Not a doctor here but, consult with your germ infested family about setting a more hygienic household. If they're in contact with a crap ton of people and it's making you this sick so often, something has to change for the betterment of your standard of living.
Out of your families daily lives combined I'm willing to bet yours is the dirtiest. Packages are absolutely disgusting just due to fact of how many people and different surfaces they have come in contact with.

None of this was to sound rude or belittling but UPS will NOT bend over backwards for you especially for something like this. Sounds like they have been working with you thus far with your shortcomings but if you were a manager and you had a line level employee in this situation, what would you be thinking and saying? There's at least 50 people knocking at the door wanting a job with a hub that large.

BrownInTx

Sticking your pecker in dirty whores Is probably why you're getting sick doggy. I mean as much as you ramble on she must be an easy lay. Go get checked out, quit drinking alcohol, and sleep more. Problem solved.

Oh yeah and have the family members wash their hands when they get home.

Over 70

I haven't missed work from illness ever in my life. The times I called in sick I was fishing or something.

When I'm sick I suck it up and go to work to save my sick days for more important things lol.

If you're this sick, this often, this young....you better consider a different line of work.

Dr.Brownz

Do
I am usually a full time student(this semester only part time due to money issues/long story) and I have a big family(6) that is very busy(both parents work, I work, Siblings all play sports, and all of them go to different schools). I get sick very easily, and often(every month or so someone else in the family brings something new home :sad2:.

I've had probably around 11-15 missed days(Called in) in the past six months, which is quite a lot apparently. I've had a verbal warning(Because of no doctors note one time when I needed it) about a month or two ago.

I called in last friday because I came down quickly and hard with a stomach bug(along with my whole family :sick:) that was causing me to vomit profusely(wasn't eating and water/gatorade would literally just come up).

I went to the dr today and he suggested I take today off to eat,rest, and get some liquids(and I'm still feeling a little rough, could probably work though) and got a drs note.

Anyways, I call the office and the management guy who addresses this stuff got all butthurt talking about how I call in so often, why am I sick so often, and telling me I gotta do something to be more healthy. I let him know that I'm not trying to be sick, and I am trying to be healthy(I eat well, sleep better than most college students). He then complained about how I did this on my last belt and now on this belt, as if it was related to the belt.

He sounded pretty annoyed by it; however, that's not what I'm really worried about, my union steward who I've talked to a few times(One time for a injury splitting my thumb open on a stupid roller, another for misloading a bag, and about two months ago for absences) and I asked him "Am I good with absences as long as I provide a doctors note" and he said "yes". Is this True?!

How common is it to get in trouble at a hub(that runs 90k-180k) for absences?

I legitamately call in when I feel I am too sick to work(or that I'll get others sick, as I have alread, twice on my new belt in the past two months). Missed a :censored2: ton of days about a month ago because I came in to work feeling under the weather(and it's super cold) and running myself into the ground; ended up getting a ear infection, sinus infection, an eye infection- and after it all cleared up the ear infection came back with vengeance in both ears. Top top it all off, This was the week before and during finals, and I was taking 14 credits(missed almost two weeks).

I called in two times non legitimately during the end of the summer when I was dating a girl and knew I was about to get laid(and I did :wink2:, alot)

I know that management will always try to harass/guilt trip you to try to get you to come in to do light work(I've fallen for that trick a couple times early in the summer/late spring last year with allergies; ended up doing normal work, not getting out early, and closing).

I really want to work, and almost came in today despite my doctors advice; but I think I need to make sure I'm as healthy as possible before going back so I don't get run down(and get sick again).

I can't afford to lose the job, or I'll be in :censored2: creek with school(Got a concussion last year that basically made me school-retarded and caused me to get bad grades, drop a few classes, etc, for a semester, so I lost a lot of scholarships and financial aid because my completion rate was too low despite doing really well last semester, and I got less aid than last year for something my parents forgot to do for me). I'm currently paying for my semester out of pocket and through my tuition reimbursement(I have a 4,000 dollar hold from my last semester, and this semester I have about 3,000 adding to that. SO I really need to keep this job for tuition reimbursement(the literal only reason the school let me take a class this semester) and the pay.

Could use any advice when it comes to calling in too, whether it be how to approach it, who to talk to, or what to do.

Don't worry about it. If they try to give you a warning letter, grieve it as harrassment. Coming into work sick is a safety hazard and jepordizes the entire operation.

jose93209

I am usually a full time student(this semester only part time due to money issues/long story) and I have a big family(6) that is very busy(both parents work, I work, Siblings all play sports, and all of them go to different schools). I get sick very easily, and often(every month or so someone else in the family brings something new home :sad2:.

I've had probably around 11-15 missed days(Called in) in the past six months, which is quite a lot apparently. I've had a verbal warning(Because of no doctors note one time when I needed it) about a month or two ago.

I called in last friday because I came down quickly and hard with a stomach bug(along with my whole family :sick:) that was causing me to vomit profusely(wasn't eating and water/gatorade would literally just come up).

I went to the dr today and he suggested I take today off to eat,rest, and get some liquids(and I'm still feeling a little rough, could probably work though) and got a drs note.

Anyways, I call the office and the management guy who addresses this stuff got all butthurt talking about how I call in so often, why am I sick so often, and telling me I gotta do something to be more healthy. I let him know that I'm not trying to be sick, and I am trying to be healthy(I eat well, sleep better than most college students). He then complained about how I did this on my last belt and now on this belt, as if it was related to the belt.

He sounded pretty annoyed by it; however, that's not what I'm really worried about, my union steward who I've talked to a few times(One time for a injury splitting my thumb open on a stupid roller, another for misloading a bag, and about two months ago for absences) and I asked him "Am I good with absences as long as I provide a doctors note" and he said "yes". Is this True?!

How common is it to get in trouble at a hub(that runs 90k-180k) for absences?

I legitamately call in when I feel I am too sick to work(or that I'll get others sick, as I have alread, twice on my new belt in the past two months). Missed a :censored2: ton of days about a month ago because I came in to work feeling under the weather(and it's super cold) and running myself into the ground; ended up getting a ear infection, sinus infection, an eye infection- and after it all cleared up the ear infection came back with vengeance in both ears. Top top it all off, This was the week before and during finals, and I was taking 14 credits(missed almost two weeks).

I called in two times non legitimately during the end of the summer when I was dating a girl and knew I was about to get laid(and I did :wink2:, alot)

I know that management will always try to harass/guilt trip you to try to get you to come in to do light work(I've fallen for that trick a couple times early in the summer/late spring last year with allergies; ended up doing normal work, not getting out early, and closing).

I really want to work, and almost came in today despite my doctors advice; but I think I need to make sure I'm as healthy as possible before going back so I don't get run down(and get sick again).

I can't afford to lose the job, or I'll be in :censored2: creek with school(Got a concussion last year that basically made me school-retarded and caused me to get bad grades, drop a few classes, etc, for a semester, so I lost a lot of scholarships and financial aid because my completion rate was too low despite doing really well last semester, and I got less aid than last year for something my parents forgot to do for me). I'm currently paying for my semester out of pocket and through my tuition reimbursement(I have a 4,000 dollar hold from my last semester, and this semester I have about 3,000 adding to that. SO I really need to keep this job for tuition reimbursement(the literal only reason the school let me take a class this semester) and the pay.

Could use any advice when it comes to calling in too, whether it be how to approach it, who to talk to, or what to do.

I know a guy who's done 4-5 no calls since he doesn't have sick days. Brings in doctors notes when he is sick. No big deal, management hates him though. The steward always backs him up and he hasn't been fired, just verbal and written warnings..

Bring a doctors note. Nothing else you can do, sounds like you're trying your best to stay healthy. Management can't do anything about it if you're legitimately sick and have proof from a dr.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Nice! is this your thread? If you're not going to add anything meaningful to the discussion gtfo man, find something better to do with your time.

Awww....I'm sorry Sally. I didn't realize that on top of getting sick so much, your vagine gets hurt and swollen from too much use. Sorry I /we don't come on here kissing your lilly white ass and holding your palmolive soft hands to give you answers that you seek but just the truth.

I know it hurts to hear from complete strangers that you are a loser and lazy and that we hope you get terminated because you are more of a waste of air and space than your are a benefit. I would be hurt too if I was in your shoes. I'm sorry your so thin skinned that you have to cry to strangers on the internet instead of your clan of six.

Please accept my apologies and continue granting me red X's, I know that it makes you feel better, just wish it would help with the swelling and redness of your poopslide.

Over 70

Awww....I'm sorry Sally. I didn't realize that on top of getting sick so much, your vagine gets hurt and swollen from too much use. Sorry I /we don't come on here kissing your lilly white ass and holding your palmolive soft hands to give you answers that you seek but just the truth.

I know it hurts to hear from complete strangers that you are a loser and lazy and that we hope you get terminated because you are more of a waste of air and space than your are a benefit. I would be hurt too if I was in your shoes. I'm sorry your so thin skinned that you have to cry to strangers on the internet instead of your clan of six.

Please accept my apologies and continue granting me red X's, I know that it makes you feel better, just wish it would help with the swelling and redness of your poopslide.

giphy (2).gif