help me drop weight please

backinbrown

respect my authority
Your body burns calories all day, even when you are sitting down doing nothing. Obviosly not as many as when your on a tread mill but never the less a few. You probably burn 2000 a day so if you keep your intake less than that you will be ok. I was off work with a shoulder injury for 2 years so i know its tuff to get to the jim and eating out of bordem is another problem. I purchased a dvd from Dr. A. nerenberg called the couch potato workout which can be done sitting at home with no equipment. It helped me keep the pounds off (not all of them) so it wasnt to bad returning to work. Heres a link to some of his videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/tsullens

Hope it helps.

thank you

P

pickup

Back in Brown, I still want to say I want to congratulate you on all the good work you've been doing.(gym, bike, etc.) and the lost three pounds. As for the smoking, hey I respect the wisdom in not trying to change everything about yourself in one fell swoop. So hey, a more in shape (less weight) smoker is better than a couch potatoe smoker. You already killed one bad habit. No more motorcycle riding, right? I wanted to get a motorcyle when I was younger because all the older kids in my neighborhood (including my brother) had them . Well, after the older kids in the neighborhood had their accidents and a few deaths. That was the end of that and the younger kids never had the chance to get on motorcycles. Looking back on it, I'm glad my father wouldn't let me do it.

P

pickup

I also want to say that you might experience setbacks at times, especially with the diet, but even so , it will be one step back for at least two steps forward which will still put you ahead of the game. We are all pulling for you (and those you aren't don't count) . If you experience a setback, don't think you are disappointing us. We will only be saddened if you don't get back on the horse if you fall off.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I also want to say that you might experience setbacks at times,

If i am being honest i have had a set back or two but small, i had already reached my calorie intake for the day, i keep track of it all, anyway i was looking for something light and ended up swallowing like 8 fig newtons and as i did it i hated doing it but for that breif moment i was free. but i haven't done it since then so hard though, but i really want to drop the weight.

especially with the diet, but even so , it will be one step back for at least two steps forward which will still put you ahead of the game. We are all pulling for you (and those you aren't don't count) .
r
You know what it really helps knowing people are pulling for me some people might wonder why, I don't know you, but for me it is different, in a way i know a lot of people here and is the reason i even posted asking for help. Ther will be "haters" Example Eddiethebull "sew your mouth shut fatty" lol oh well i had to laugh never saw it coming. So it does help to get advice and support here.JMO

If you experience a setback, don't think you are disappointing us.

I won't I think i would feel comfortable telling truth about setbacks
good bad feedback helps.

We will only be saddened if you don't get back on the horse if you fall off.

Thank you and i plan on seeing this through. it will take few months and that is were it is frustrating but i should make it.

backinbrown

respect my authority
LOL, reminds me of the old fig newtons commercial, you know, with the guy dress in the fig outfit, dancing around.:wink2: SMACK!.....And keep that hand out of the cookie jar.

I do remember that lol

i am sticking to fruit veggies

Steve did you post what you ate to drop the weight after you was out? i can't remember.

Mayby i read it in your blog.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I do remember that lol

i am sticking to fruit veggies

Steve did you post what you ate to drop the weight after you was out? i can't remember.

Mayby i read it in your blog.

I never stopped eating what I like. I just increased my output to where I could eat anything my little heart desired. Guess that's why people think I'm a maniac in my workout regiment.

backinbrown

respect my authority
OMG i am drooling lol, "in my best Chris farley hungry voice "MUST HAVE NEWTON"S NOW

I didn't stuff them as fast as her though almost that was too funny

P

pickup

Ahhhh, memories, thanks pickup, you're the bestest.:happy2:

surprised I beat you to it although I don't think (at least from where I am sitting) that my video was as easy to view as I would have liked ( I was going for the 30 second one ) as there were choices . I hate fig newtons. Growing up , I would have preferred an empty cabinet than to find fig newtons in there. Chips ahoy were my weakness.

UPSNewbie

Since your short, throw that damn scale up on the top shelf of a closet. :funny: Don't look at that thing. I know I got discouraged when I weighed myself every two days. I couldn't imagine everyday.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Since your short, throw that damn scale up on the top shelf of a closet. :funny: Don't look at that thing. I know I got discouraged when I weighed myself every two days. I couldn't imagine everyday.

it is a pain i am learning to ignore it

I would put it on top shelf but i cant reach:jumping: