help me drop weight please

Yes, remember smoking Kool's in high school? My wife's not a smoker so I quit years ago and am trying to be a good role model for my son, who I would die if he ever took up smoking.

Another note, in our morning PCM you can tell who the smokers are, when the drivers get together their breath and clothes makes you want to gag.
I'll stand next to you in the next PCM.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes, remember smoking Kool's in high school? My wife's not a smoker so I quit years ago and am trying to be a good role model for my son, who I would die if he ever took up smoking.

Another note, in our morning PCM you can tell who the smokers are, when the drivers get together their breath and clothes makes you want to gag.

Great job, BLACKBOX! Young guy at my center, well, younger than me, gave up smoking, must be over a year now. If he holds his breath and then puffs out, you can still see smoke come out, which shows the lasting effects. I'm glad he gave up smoking, it was this that took his fathers life.

I'll stand next to you in the next PCM.

555, just knowing you guys from on here, I'd stand next to all of you guys, in the PCM, probably have my arm around ya's like we were best friends from childhood.

3106999771_45a299cf22.jpg

City Driver

i recently started trying to lose weight i was at 217 im down to about 203-204 in 2 weeks time.....the first week or 2 the weight just falls off.....

i dont believe in those gimmick diets like south beach atkins etc.....i believe strongly in simply eating a healthy diet, excercising and drinking only water and some milk every once in a while

dont give up, anybody can do it

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i recently started trying to lose weight i was at 217 im down to about 203-204 in 2 weeks time.....the first week or 2 the weight just falls off.....

i dont believe in those gimmick diets like south beach atkins etc.....i believe strongly in simply eating a healthy diet, excercising and drinking only water and some milk every once in a while

dont give up, anybody can do it

Amen, brother!

upskiwi

I can sympathize. I was off for 6 months myself due to an accident...gained about fifty pounds. The good news is that most of it will come off...the bad news is that it took me almost two years to do it. I started smoking after having quit for 7 years to control the eating. All I can say is drink A LOT of water and quit focusing so much on the diet thing. I found that when I did that and started eating what I liked (in small amounts) and doing physical things I enjoyed instead of killing myself with a workout routine I started losing. I also got a large dog and had to walk him nightly. It's fun and the wife and kids can do it with you.:whiteflag:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I can sympathize. I was off for 6 months myself due to an accident...gained about fifty pounds. The good news is that most of it will come off...the bad news is that it took me almost two years to do it. I started smoking after having quit for 7 years to control the eating. All I can say is drink A LOT of water and quit focusing so much on the diet thing. I found that when I did that and started eating what I liked (in small amounts) and doing physical things I enjoyed instead of killing myself with a workout routine I started losing. I also got a large dog and had to walk him nightly. It's fun and the wife and kids can do it with you.:whiteflag:

Great advice, kiwi, and welcome to the Brown Cafe.:happy2:

UPSNewbie

I take these two on a two mile each, every morning before sunrise. Excellent exercise.
DSCN0015.jpg
DSCN0026.jpg
DSCN0038.jpg

Tony31yrs

When I was working, I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted without gaining weight. Just before I retired, I bought a treadmill to use in the winter. I also cut a lot of firewood and hike and hunt in the woods. Since I wasn't burning calories like I was on the big brown truck, I also started eating less at meals and often only eat fruit or vegetables for lunch.
Get out of bad habits too. I found myself getting on the computer late at night and automatically going for a snack. I was gaining weight and suddenly realized that I wasn't hungry when I was doing this-it just beacame a habit. Leaving the table before you feel full helps as well.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When I was working, I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted without gaining weight. Just before I retired, I bought a treadmill to use in the winter. I also cut a lot of firewood and hike and hunt in the woods. Since I wasn't burning calories like I was on the big brown truck, I also started eating less at meals and often only eat fruit or vegetables for lunch.
Get out of bad habits too. I found myself getting on the computer late at night and automatically going for a snack. I was gaining weight and suddenly realized that I wasn't hungry when I was doing this-it just beacame a habit. Leaving the table before you feel full helps as well.

Great advice, Tony.

I've read most of this thread and think there has been lots of good advice.
I once lost 155 lbs in a few months. However the cost of doing so was pretty expensive. It cost me around $15k in cash, a house, a minivan and 1/2 of everything else I owned. But I didn't have to listen to her anymore. It was well worth the price.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've read most of this thread and think there has been lots of good advice.
I once lost 155 lbs in a few months. However the cost of doing so was pretty expensive. It cost me around $15k in cash, a house, a minivan and 1/2 of everything else I owned. But I didn't have to listen to her anymore. It was well worth the price.

Are we talking about a Siamese twin?:wink2:

kingOFchester

Just a quick update and a pat on my own back.....still smoke free after 2 months or more and lost about 10lbs. But I lost more then 10lbs of fat as I have been going to the gym 5 days a week. So congrats to me!!!

fethrs

Just a quick update and a pat on my own back.....still smoke free after 2 months or more and lost about 10lbs. But I lost more then 10lbs of fat as I have been going to the gym 5 days a week. So congrats to me!!!

Good for you KOC especially the smoking part, I have recently joined a gym too and go 5 or 6 days a week. I haven't noticed the weight loss (I don't weigh myself) but I have noticed the stairs aren't my enemy anymore and I just feel better. Messed up my knee Sunday:surprised: so I'm taking a few days off from the gym. We can keep track with each other and compare notes..whadya think?:happy2:

P

pickup

man congratulations, out of curiosity, how did you quit smoking? The weight part is easier to figure out, but the smoking , how did you do that?