Help me understand my local.

steeltoe

What kind of "ballot" are you referring to?

The ballot mailed to your house for local union elections. Actually I miss spoke. I meant to speak on our local union elections, and how they are carried out. We would never have elections, where any person could walk up to the hall, claim they are a member, and vote. They would have to show some kind of I.D. Why would our local union not support the same voter ID laws that are being passed in some states? I do not understand how it is wrong in political elections, but not wrong for our local union elections.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our last election was to approve changes to our pension fund. They used paper ballots and the assistant BA and two members counted the votes. The total number of ballots cast was compared to the number of people in attendance to ensure no one voted more than once. We did not have to show any ID. It was low tech but everything was above board.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our last election was to approve changes to our pension fund. They used paper ballots and the assistant BA and two members counted the votes.

That has to be because you are in a small extended center....

Something like that would only happen, for steward elections.... in most Locals.

-Bug-

Just because the Union says its a good thing --Doesnt make it so ----------- Remember the Union said to vote Obama --Which i didnt ---I wont do it this time either