help needed with lazy co-worker

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Having work shifted to you from another worker sucks if its right next to you on the belt or 10 miles across town, smartazz. You still have to do the work. And yes, if you read my post earlier, you would see that I was on the preload for 5 years; actually 4 years and 11 months cause I got fired for a month for beating the hail out of a guy on the preload who insisted he should Do Less Work Than Most. The union got involved to get his job back, but my center manager insisted we BOTH get our jobs back. The guy who would Do Less Work Than Most made it another couple months , got fired for being late too many times. This kid who started this post I reminded me of myself, and don't want him to go down the path I chose of beating the hail out of a guy who insisted he should Do Less Work Than Most. In this enviroment we work in today, I don't think he would get his job back. Besides that, calling him a racist only serves to confirm stereotypes he may have already. I don't consider myself a racist, but if I get called one enough times, especially when they use their own racial slurs to do it, I sure know how to play one. To me, the "R" word is thrown around with much the same ease as the "N" word in our culture, and I find the "R" word to be just as offensive.

OK you have a good amount of inside knowledge.

Scenerio:

If your pull is 85% capacity and the guy next to you 110%. You are happy with your situation, while the guy next to you gets run over with a new split and stops.

Guy next to you slows down as he is over capacity and cannot handle the workload.

You get upset because he is "dogging it". He is upset because numbers wise and workload, the pulls are different and he is getting rammed you know where.

After 2 days of 'dogging it', some of the work is moved down to you - Now you're 100% and the guy next to you is 95%!

In the above scenerio, You're going to view him as a slacker and a no-good, correct?

IMO, he was smart enough to know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

H

hseofpayne

OK you have a good amount of inside knowledge.

Scenerio:

If your pull is 85% capacity and the guy next to you 110%. You are happy with your situation, while the guy next to you gets run over with a new split and stops.

Guy next to you slows down as he is over capacity and cannot handle the workload.

You get upset because he is "dogging it". He is upset because numbers wise and workload, the pulls are different and he is getting rammed you know where.

After 2 days of 'dogging it', some of the work is moved down to you - Now you're 100% and the guy next to you is 95%!

In the above scenerio, You're going to view him as a slacker and a no-good, correct?

IMO, he was smart enough to know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Scenario as presented by Randallj
Randallj was at 100% and guy behind him was at 100%. Guy behind him slows down and refuses to speed back up. He accuses his manager of picking on his production for racial reasons. Manager takes easy way out and just gives Randallj 20% of guys work. Now Randallj is at 120% and guy behind him is at 80%. When management isn't around, the 2nd guy sings and dances with his newly found 20% free time to rub it in face of Randallj. He knows he is getting over on Randallj and is lazy enough to take advantage of fearful, weak management. Randallj thinks he is sorry, 2nd guy thinks Randallj is a sucker.

IMO, 2nd guy is SORRY enough to know the squeaky wheel gets the grease while the hard worker gets the shaft.

I could be wrong but I don't choose to assume Randallj is the problem since I split the belt for at least 2 years and couldn't imagine loading 5 cars; makes my feet hurt just thinking about it. I just hope he keeps his head on straight until its sorted(pun intended) out.