Help possible new hire?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sneakyusmc, Jul 9, 2019.

1. sneakyusmc

sneakyusmc New Member

Hey everyone very new to this so bare with me. Long story short I was told on Friday to start ups school yesterday however I couldn’t bc my two weeks at my current job ended today. But yesterday I also happened to notice a week prior I recieved an email saying I was disqualified till next month for a ticket that I didn’t know was on my record (previous employer said they would have their lawyers handle it) and completely forgot about. If anyone could help and give me some insight as to what I should be expecting? I was told I would get another call letting me know when the next schooling was

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

Nobody on here knows a damn thing---good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • List
  3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Sounds like you missed the boat

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

FFS.
    You answer all of your questions in your post.

5. Maybe in the fall . When they need extra drivers for Peak

6. barnyard

Summer hiring is done in my area. I am thinking that if they are sending an off the street guy to driving school, it is for a perm position.

7. They could be looking for some 22.4 drivers. Looks like this guy dropped the ball

8. sneakyusmc

sneakyusmc New Member

So I spoke to the hr woman and she told me I had to start after August. But I just noticed TODAY she switched me from driver to preloader?

9. Probably start you off inside until they can send you to school.

10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

:lol: Another victim of HR

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. barnyard

Enjoy the preload. I would bet you are there until Octoberish, they send you to school, you work peak as a temp, then go back to the preload in January.

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Hiring FT delivery drivers is year long at my building. Heard we are 20 to 25 drivers short. Can't even think about hiring 22.4 until all FT driving slots have been filled.

13. Dough99

Dough99 Member

They tell us “no bumping,grieve it”

14. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

I was in center mngr office a few days ago to complain and noticed he's written up on his white board to hire two guys a month starting this month, to be seasonal for peak.

Not really sure how they are going to jerk guys around for four months but hey it is ups around here

15. sneakyusmc

sneakyusmc New Member

So I hope what will be the final update is that she told me I’ll start on the 9th or 11th and that she switched it just to keep my application open and that I’m still a driver. Hopefully all goes well

16. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Learn all the depth of knowledge questions word for word now. Good luck.