Helper Woes

gingerkat

I told him in the beginning that I didn't want a lot of hours and he said that he always gets two helpers. One AM, and one in the PM because of the route. But because I've done this before and it's my neighborhood I don't need much training and I'm pretty fast on my feet.

I actually asked for a different route, but he spoke with the coordinator and wouldn't allow the change. We worked a deal where I wouldn't go into certain places that I felt uncomfortable with and he would work with me and around my schedule. But, he forgets and doesn't use his morning helper too much.

gregdutchmol

How far is the main center from your home?

A little over an hour drive for me. I have thought about the pro's and con's for doing the drive every day for the part time hours. I decided that in the end it would be worth it. Eventually I would move to the city and things would work out. But this UPS path is definitely something I am interested in.

gingerkat

I don't know, he's pissing me off. I did this as a favor to him, not for the huge dollars. He begged me every single day to do this and even put my name in before I agreed. Now that he has me, he spends most of the time talking on the phone to one of his sweeties. I'm there to help him go fast, not to sit and listen to him chat up the girls.

We are going to have a talk on Monday about this situation. The problem is, when this is over, he's my neighborhood driver again and I don't want crushed goods.

upschuck

Hmm. i will have to work my magic then. All the drivers that meet at the satellite center know me and my driver speaks highly of me so I have that. I've considered calling the main center and asking for HR but from what I have gathered from here is that HR is always busy and it's peak so I can't see them giving me the time of day. So. Sometime between now and the end of peak I might make a trip to the center and show my face and I guess express my interest in working at UPS.

Peak time for HR is November. December is pretty dead for HR. Some HR go driving while others go to Amazon to help with the transition of loads. Shouldn't have a hard time getting to talk to the one's left. Good luck. You seem to have a good work ethic and a good attitude.

gregdutchmol

Peak time for HR is November. December is pretty dead for HR. Some HR go driving while others go to Amazon to help with the transition of loads. Shouldn't have a hard time getting to talk to the one's left. Good luck. You seem to have a good work ethic and a good attitude.

Ok cool, I will give them a call...My work ethic and attitude are decent but most importantly...it's about my swag. :cool2:

upschuck

I don't know, he's pissing me off. I did this as a favor to him, not for the huge dollars. He begged me every single day to do this and even put my name in before I agreed. Now that he has me, he spends most of the time talking on the phone to one of his sweeties. I'm there to help him go fast, not to sit and listen to him chat up the girls.

We are going to have a talk on Monday about this situation. The problem is, when this is over, he's my neighborhood driver again and I don't want crushed goods.

There is diad training that states that hands free phones are a distraction, and can't do that while driving.

gingerkat

There is diad training that states that hands free phones are a distraction, and can't do that while driving.
Yeah I know and he knows, as he told me all about it. It just sucks that he feels so comfortable with me that he can talk with his bit ches. I have no problem with him talking, but when he does, he can't seem to deliver at the same time, so we end up going at a snails pace.

gregdutchmol

Yeah I know and he knows, as he told me all about it. It just sucks that he feels so comfortable with me that he can talk with his bit ches. I have no problem with him talking, but when he does, he can't seem to deliver at the same time, so we end up going at a snails pace.

Your driver sounds like my hero. :likeit:

gingerkat

If it were me I would change routes.
I would like to, but I would feel pretty bad about bailing at the end. I'm not someone who quits anything. I'll just talk with him about it and hopefully we can agree. Otherwise I'm sure another driver would be happy to have a helper that is fully functional on the board, safe and don't mind being left alone with a dolly full of stuff.

upschuck

It would be more entertaining for me. My driver uses a blue tooth and all of his phone calls are with his wife about their rental house. I need some action in my life !

OK, that's a little better. Don't live through people, make your life that overs want to live through you. :thumbsup: