Helping other drivers

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

That’s not your call my dog
Your boss gets to decide how many and where the stops are I’am giving you so don’t try and play tough guy
I’ve never heard of a sup telling a driver to take 60+ stops off someone after 5pm. Common curtesy isn’t to screw the guy over that’s coming to help you either. You should give them the easiest stops in the tightest area. If I know the route where I’m being sent to help I’ll always look at what they have left and take the area I want to do. It’s not playing tough guy.

Cowboy Mac

I’ve never heard of a sup telling a driver to take 60+ stops off someone after 5pm. Common curtesy isn’t to screw the guy over that’s coming to help you either. You should give them the easiest stops in the tightest area. If I know the route where I’m being sent to help I’ll always look at what they have left and take the area I want to do. It’s not playing tough guy.
If you come to help me out with stops, it’s not a negotiation. You’re here to help me and you will take what I give you. We’re not going to waste time looking through the board and asking how many stops in each neighborhood. Im going to give you my last 1 or 2 shelves of work and you get what you get.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you come to help me out with stops, it’s not a negotiation. You’re here to help me and you will take what I give you. We’re not going to waste time looking through the board and asking how many stops in each neighborhood. Im going to give you my last 1 or 2 shelves of work and you get what you get.
For me it depended on who was the one sent to help me. If he was someone that usually helped others I would give him easier stops. If he was one of those who only cared about himself and never helped others I would give him the garbage. I seldom ended up getting help anyway. If it was on my truck I would deliver it if I had enough hours in the day. Sending help was up to management.

UPSER1987

There’s your “brotherhood” for you lol

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If that's the attitude you had if I was sent to help I would have simply closed the bulkhead door and drove away with no stops. You're on your own.

allahuakbar

She/Her
I’ve played that game. I usually just shut my door, leave and take nothing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When someone came to help me, regardless if I was bad at my job, or overloaded, I gave them the easy or what they knew. It would be dark, thats only right.

DriverNerd

When someone came to help me, regardless if I was bad at my job, or overloaded, I gave them the easy or what they knew. It would be dark, thats only right.
That's exactly what I do. I always get a comment the next day about how easy the stuff was...it's not like I'm going to give someone helping me section 8 apartments after office close time in the dark.

542thruNthru

If that's the attitude you had if I was sent to help I would have simply closed the bulkhead door and drove away with no stops. You're on your own.

I’ve played that game. I usually just shut my door, leave and take nothing.
Not that I've ever done what he's said but it wouldn't bother me if thats what you did. When I file 9.5 it won't be me being written up for not working as directed.

"Why did you work 12 hours!"

"I tried to give him stops but he wanted to sit and pick and choose instead of just taking shelf 8. So he left me there. Oh by the way here is the 9.5 grievance. "

Or even better.

"How did you run out of hours!!"

NotFedEx

I just started driving and the sups asking me to help other drivers... I've been helping out other drivers...last week one driver I helped gave me 70 packages when it was already 5pm when I meet up with him. I don't mind helping out at all but damnnn...today I just got done with 180 stop and its 6:30 pm. the sup called me and wanted to me help out a driver. Its dark out and I'm tired. What advice can you guys give me?

Take that hr lunch so you don't finish as early or save that hr until you're finished in case they ask you to go help someone so you can take that hr before going to go help. If you go help someone don't let them give you what they want, ask for their diad and see what they have left and pick from there(you're helping them so you should be able to pick what you should take).

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've seen it both way. Not a fan of the pick and choose type but only because of the prisoner's dilemma: I know I am giving them reasonable stuff and what they are trying to choose is just a bad approximation of what I was already planning to give them. Maybe they are right on another day with another driver by picking stops. who knows. Only time it works is if it was a split they frequent, bid drivers make for bad cover drivers it turns out.