Helping other drivers

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
he was just a a-hole. He only had stops,, no pick ups.
If they had pickups it's sometimes easier covering their AM or PM tails of the pickup schedule so they have more time to deliver but this does not happen because it has to be planned early and, suprise, the office is a mess.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Not that I've ever done what he's said but it wouldn't bother me if thats what you did. When I file 9.5 it won't be me being written up for not working as directed.

"Why did you work 12 hours!"

"I tried to give him stops but he wanted to sit and pick and choose instead of just taking shelf 8. So he left me there. Oh by the way here is the 9.5 grievance. "

Or even better.

"How did you run out of hours!!"
No one is getting written up.
As Im pulling away empty I already have the supervisor in my ear telling him all about how you just tried to truck me in to taking all the bull:censored2: stops you have left.

My original ORS and management team taught me that when I am sent to help I get choice. Treat me right and I will volunteer to split the remainder of stops. Treat me wrong and I won't take any.
I hardly ever have to help these days, but when it happens I chose the work I run, and I'm damn sure not taking it by the shelf.

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not that I've ever done what he's said but it wouldn't bother me if thats what you did. When I file 9.5 it won't be me being written up for not working as directed.

"I tried to give him stops but he wanted to sit and pick and choose instead of just taking shelf 8. So he left me there. Oh by the way here is the 9.5 grievance. "

Or even better.

Message to ORS "I'm not feeling well. Just blew chow out the driver side door. I'm bringing it in."

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No one is getting written up.
As Im pulling away empty I already have the supervisor in my ear telling him all about how you just tried to truck me in to taking all the bull:censored2: stops you have left.
You do know supervisors only do this to create distrust between members?

When the ball rolls the other direction. And "the supervisor in my ear" is instead pissed at you, you might then understand what predicament BOTH drivers are in.

In either case, that 9.5 grievance is still cashing.

542thruNthru

You do know supervisors only do this to create distrust between members?

When the ball rolls the other direction. And "the supervisor in my ear" is instead pissed at you, you might then understand what predicament BOTH drivers are in.

In either case, that 9.5 grievance is still cashing.
Yep, I don't ask for help. They send me help for two reasons. 1. I'm going to go over 9.5 or 2. I'm going to run out of hours for the week.

You want to throw a hissy and drive off that's fine with me. I know I'm in the clear and like you said my 9.5 grievance is still cashing or I'm having a early day on Friday. Either way I'm happy.:)

Michael Scott

If im going to help someone, i look at their shelves and take what i want. If someones coming to help me, i give them the same luxury.

Cowboy Mac

If that's the attitude you had if I was sent to help I would have simply closed the bulkhead door and drove away with no stops. You're on your own.
That is called insubordination. It’s not like I’m giving you 100 stops and keeping 20. I always split 50/50 ish and go by shelves. Don’t tell me you can only deliver smalls or under 50 lbs because you don’t have a dolly. Shouldn’t have left the building without a dolly.
I’ve played that game. I usually just shut my door, leave and take nothing.
I could care less if the driver sent to help me drives off. Crybabies like that act like they are doing you a favor by helping you out. No, they’re just working as instructed. You’re doing management a favor by helping me because I’m not going to finish all the work in 14 hours.

Or even better.

Exactly.

542thruNthru

So you lie. Fired for dishonesty…
Everyone always has some "I'd do this!" Scenario. My favorite one is the "I'll get in his lazy ass!"

Had a driver try and intimidate me once because he always had to help me from going over 9.5. I told him.

"Look, you have to help me because management refuses to adjust my route. So go talk to them. If you want to take a swing go ahead, if not which shelf you want?"

This was of course after I told him to get on the 9.5 list multiple times so they'd find someone else.

I mean really? This is a job. You ain't going to hit me and if you do you won't be working here much longer after.

Cowboy Mac

Everyone always has some "I'd do this!" Scenario. My favorite one is the "I'll get in his lazy ass!"

Had a driver try and intimidate me once because he always had to help me from going over 9.5. I told him.

"Look, you have to help me because management refuses to adjust my route. So go talk to them. If you want to take a swing go ahead, if not which shelf you want?"

This was of course after I told him to get on the 9.5 list multiple times so they'd find someone else.

I mean really? This is a job. You ain't going to hit me and if you do you won't be working here much longer after.
I have also had a driver like this come to help me. I won’t go too much into detail because this story is well know in my center and we joke about it to this day.

Suffice it to say this driver is one of those that thinks management is their friend. He was not happy about having to help me for the third time in one week. He cursed me out. I told him “Have fun!” as I left.

govols019

You smell that?
If you come to help me out with stops, it’s not a negotiation. You’re here to help me and you will take what I give you. We’re not going to waste time looking through the board and asking how many stops in each neighborhood. Im going to give you my last 1 or 2 shelves of work and you get what you get.
I don't work for you..lol...I'll take the work management instructs me to take.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I just started driving and the sups asking me to help other drivers... I've been helping out other drivers...last week one driver I helped gave me 70 packages when it was already 5pm when I meet up with him. I don't mind helping out at all but damnnn...today I just got done with 180 stop and its 6:30 pm. the sup called me and wanted to me help out a driver. Its dark out and I'm tired. What advice can you guys give me?

THANKS FOR RUNNING!

TIME TO HELP!!!!!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

😎✊

Cowboy Mac

I don't work for you..lol...I'll take the work management instructs me to take.
Even better. Then when I have missed packages, I can honestly say that the sup instructed the other driver to only take 10 stops. And sit back and watch my center managers head explode…

PPH_over_9000

If a driver helps me and says he/she was told to take 20 stops and I have 100 left...they're getting 20 on the dot, not a single stop more.

Is that just because you'd prefer to keep all the work?

Just asking because I'm remembering times when I've been told to go take 25 off of someone who happens to be a good buddy, and when I showed up the back of their truck was an absolute :censored2:show so I ended up taking a bit more than I was instructed to. It only seemed right if I was looking at ending my day around 6:30pm and looking at what they had left they would probably end the night around 9-10pm.

That said, I think my management team's realized not to ask me to help anymore. I also don't get help, so that's cool... but some days I regret it a little.

DriverNerd

Is that just because you'd prefer to keep all the work?
Because if the driver was instructed to take 20 then it's a big screw you to the driver to give them more than that unexpectedly. If they have an expectation upon arrival, they're helping me and I'm not going to screw them over.

If they want more I'd be happy to oblige but I would never assume they want more work.

oldngray

nowhere special
Because if the driver was instructed to take 20 then it's a big screw you to the driver to give them more than that unexpectedly. If they have an expectation upon arrival, they're helping me and I'm not going to screw them over.

If they want more I'd be happy to oblige but I would never assume they want more work.
It is better to be flexible. If you have 1 more stop on the same street as other work you gave him it makes sense to give him 1 more. On the other hand if you have a couple of stops less to give away without giving him more that is way out of his way it is better to give him a couple of stops less.

DriverNerd

It is better to be flexible. If you have 1 more stop on the same street as other work you gave him it makes sense to give him 1 more. On the other hand if you have a couple of stops less to give away without giving him more that is way out of his way it is better to give him a couple of stops less.
In that case I'd just skip it entirely - I wouldn't split it up. Or the help would get less. Never more without their ok.