Herman Cain

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I like Herman Cains Baggage. Lets start with this gem!

Cain joined the board of directors of an energy company called AQULA back in 1992.. In a similiar fashion to ENRON, CAIN and the other executives "steered" employees into converting their pension contributions into company stock where they would be rewarded with high returns. When ENRON collapsed after a huge scandal that ripped off its employees, AQUILA suffered the same fate while CAIN oversaw over 30 million dollars to be paid to executives while the employees took it in the shorts losing EVERYTHING.

CAINs business experience ended up costing the company MILLIONS of dollars and several lawsuits. The employees sued the company and eventually won a settlement of 10 million dollars.

"According to five lawsuits filed in federal court in 2004, Aquila's board of directors—which Cain joined in 1992—allegedly steered employees into heavily investing their retirement savings in company stock. At the same time, the company shifted its business model from straightforward energy generation to risky energy trading, an unregulated market made infamous by now-defunct Enron. The suits, later folded into a single, massive class action (PDF), alleged that Cain and top company officials violated a 37-year-old federal law requiring that employers manage employees retirement programs responsibly. (Cain's presidential exploratory committee did not respond to a request for comment.)""

I wonder why FOXED SPEWS hasnt brought this little gem to the forefront of CAINS business leadership??????

While on the board of AQUILA the company was driven straight into the ground and the employess ( I imagine, are saying "HOWD THAT WORK OUT FOR YA?")

CAINs business savy can be explained by this:

"It was a dangerous move—as a company spokesman later put it, "the risk was huge." In the end, it proved disastrous. Aquila's decision to join Enron, Reliant Energy, and the other heavy-hitters in the energy trading markets would ultimately wipe out 94 percent of Aquila's stock value between 1999 and 2004"

Gee? I wonder who was president during that period?? HMMMM?

Oh yeah, GEORGE W. BUSH.

Seems like Bush and Cain have the same talent for running companies into the ground!

Good luck defending this story HERMAN MONSTER!
images

Peace :peaceful:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thank you for all the time you waste, TOS, digging up dirt, or what you call baggage. Your guy has so much baggage, the internet is not big enough to post, or do I have time to write it all down. :knockedout:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thank you for all the time you waste, TOS, digging up dirt, or what you call baggage. Your guy has so much baggage, the internet is not big enough to post, or do I have time to write it all down. :knockedout:

NOt wasting MY time, these are facts. Sorry they seem to get in YOUR way and the other Cain supporters who are on the bus at the moment. I will laugh my rear end off when you guys jump off the bus in a couple of months.

The joke is on those who want to say they will vote for Cain today only to jump ship when he self destructs after Iowa.

For me , there is more "baggage" to come out and parade around! Stay Tuned.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NOt wasting MY time, these are facts. Sorry they seem to get in YOUR way and the other Cain supporters who are on the bus at the moment. I will laugh my rear end off when you guys jump off the bus in a couple of months.

The joke is on those who want to say they will vote for Cain today only to jump ship when he self destructs after Iowa.

For me , there is more "baggage" to come out and parade around! Stay Tuned.

Peace.

If Cain doesn't become the GOP choice, then it's not "jumping ship" to then support the GOP candidate. We don't desert the individual we like, we unite to support the one chosen by the majority. It's called party loyalty. What in the world would you do if your candidate was hit by a bus tomorrow.........?? Jump ship, I guess.

klein

Für Meno :)
If Cain doesn't become the GOP choice, then it's not "jumping ship" to then support the GOP candidate. We don't desert the individual we like, we unite to support the one chosen by the majority. It's called party loyalty. What in the world would you do if your candidate was hit by a bus tomorrow.........?? Jump ship, I guess.

I'm not loyal to any party !
And if Mrs Clinton happens to run again in 2016 for presidency, you'll see me flipping sides on BC.
Face it, the middle east won't listen to a woman. I think she is already having too much of a tough time as a foreign affairs minister (or secretary of foreign affairs, what ever you call it).

It's hard to negotiate in places, where women aren't treated equally.
Only benefit Clinton has, is that her hubby was president, and she does gain some respect for that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

NO, its called the blind following the blind.

Peace.

wkmac

So if the candidate you support was not chosen and the larger party choose Attilla the Hun, Hitler or Stalin, are you saying you'd fall in line and support the majority opinion?

And before you squeal about my "absurd example" let it be noted that you listed no pre-qualifiers of any candidate just that he/she was chosen by the majority of your party.

Herman Cain is a great orator (he's damn good IMO) which made him a good talkshow host but being in Atlanta, I've had opportunity over the last several years to hear Herman on the radio many times and he can get a crowd going and he can say many basic things that hit home and sound good. However, when it comes to deep issues and principles of liberty, he only goes so far and comes to a complete halt. "If" he becomes a serious major player and "if" he even gets the nomination, that Talkshow on WSB in Atlanta is going to get serious perview and the wheels will come off the track even against someone as sickening as Obama.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We already have one of those in the white house already !! IMO
When pressed really hard, I will vote for the person who I deem best for the job !! I do try to keep party loyalty and vote the republican ticket. I wasn't of voting age at the time, but I was for JFK. Then later we found out what a pig he was.

I think your example is legitimate.