Hey Tampa get ready for a real clown.

Is there rhyme or reason to where this guy gets moved to? I mean, is CFL a district that needs house cleaning and they sent this guy in to do it? Where has he been already? Most people that get moved to Florida want to stay in Florida so he might be around for quite a long time.

currahee

As much as i disagree with our center mgmt team i do have sympathy for them. We, as Drivers, probably only see the half of it. Im sure he holds his managers and sups to a higher standard, more than average i would say.
Im sure my mgmt team is probably glad to see him go.

W

westsideworma

I too have heard stories of this guy, but never met him personally (to my knowledge, could have seen in him passing). We've got a lot of number happy and token safety people in this area, makes management and hourly jobs miserable. Today I was asked the 8 keys to lift and lower and was friggin assaulted because the first key wasn't verbatim. I said " get close to object, keep it in your power zone" its supposed to be "keep within power zone"....I kid you not. Doesn't that mean the same exact thing? I got the rest of them (as they are on paper) and the 5 keys to slips fine but come on, being harassed over a minor paraphrase? This company really makes me scratch my head sometimes. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at their safety ideas when some of the simple things to avoid one are often summarily ignored. Back when I was an hourly, I got moved to a middle cage really and it really started screwing up my back for a while. I was following all the methods just something about lifting from that height didn't agree with me and I told them that everyday. It took me getting ready to quit for them to move me. I didn't mind the work, just the conditions for me to do it. I kept the same trucks moved to a bottom cage and never complained again about such things. It still took a few weeks for my back to straighten itself out (so I was loading a little slower than normal, but not slow) so they were on me about PPH, soon as I was like well I could step it up and hurt myself...backed off after that.

Don't get me wrong safety is VERY important, this job isn't worth getting hurt over (no job is). Its just the ways they go about it sometimes really seems to lack logical thought process.

upsdude

That guy sounds like a real people person! He sounds a lot like a fine fellow we had around here a couple years ago, Pete K. He was real piece of work, ran off some really good management folks and micro managed the rest into submission.

Folks like this pair really make you want to give an extra 10% everyday. Hey, just think, when their gone UPS will promote a couple more.

rocket man

one person said he dosent like on roads .WELL then hes gonna have a field day. in tampa HE will dump MOST OF them. and be justified .I HOPE HE CLEANS House. tm bc bw s h. see how it feels:wink2:

LKLND3380

I work in Brockton and i glad to see this jerk leave. Tampa we are not lying about this guy biggest idiot i have ever seen in my UPS career. He loves to fire people. Make sure you know 10 pt. commentary, 5 seeing habits, keys to slips and falls, rules of backing, and keys to lifting.
I

I am sure the BA and President of Local 79 will welcome this "biggest idiot" to Tampa.

I hope Bob likes going before the panel and paying grievences...

Show Me the Money....:happy-very:

Docparcel79

I am sure the BA and President of Local 79 will welcome this "biggest idiot" to Tampa.

LKLND3380.. Bob LOVES going before the panel. He'll pay the grievences, but trust me whomever is getting the money, their life as a driver will be hell. There was a driver in our building who did go infront of the panel with this guy, He got his money, but now he is getting harrassed by every on car sups. Like a past comment this guys wife is on the Labor board as a lawyer and he knows how far he can take it.

upsdude

Just a thought.

I guess it’s a good thing guys like this are in management. Imagine how many customers would go elsewhere if their driver treated them the way these folks treat us.

currahee

By all means file a grievances, just watch out because there will be a target on your back.
He will try to intimidate you. I think he gets his thrills from firing teamsters.If you see a bald guy with orange skin(little heavy on the tanning booth) driving a Lexus thats your guy.

LKLND3380

Florida is a right to work state, right? He should have a lot more rein than he does in the northern, non-right to work states. Godspeed, Tampa. -Rocky

Right to work does not give him more or less... A legally binding contract is just that... Right to work only means someone does not have to join the union in order to maintain employment...

dcdriver

nations capital
By all means file a grievances, just watch out because there will be a target on your back.
He will try to intimidate you. I think he gets his thrills from firing teamsters.If you see a bald guy with orange skin(little heavy on the tanning booth) driving a Lexus thats your guy.

We had a guy(TH) like this before, he has been gone for sometime do not know where he is now.

tups

When he was here he drove a white Lexus 2 door convertible (his wife's car) and his is a gray Lexus SUV, the bigger one. But you can't miss the chrome dome, really oughta shine in the Florida sun!

deezilfuelonly

Good luck fla you will need it here is some advice follow every (and I mean every) method. Take your morning break in the morning , your lunch at the correct time and your break in the afternoon. Sheet every package. Do not cut corners on ANYTHING.. STAY UNDER THE RADAR. Avoid this guy like the plague. Slow down and not only will you not get hurt you will make more money..Just know that no matter what this guy gets off on trying to fire you and he will try to get under your skin and screw up. Watch your back because he will be watching yours.....good luck again..:anxious:

LKLND3380

LKLND3380.. Bob LOVES going before the panel. He'll pay the grievences, but trust me whomever is getting the money, their life as a driver will be hell. There was a driver in our building who did go infront of the panel with this guy, He got his money, but now he is getting harrassed by every on car sups. Like a past comment this guys wife is on the Labor board as a lawyer and he knows how far he can take it.

Is this Bob W******? I think that was his name, we just refered to him as Side Show Bob on the belt. I remember this guy coming in and introducing himself as the new Division Manager, saying he was going to be around for a while and he just bought a house less than a mile from our Center Manager.

Bob had it in for one guy on our belt, always hassling him and trying to push so the guy would quit. They didn't want to fire the guy on our belt because they would have to pay unemployment and eventually the guy did quit.

The package cars had major bulk issues and frequently had to have packages shuttled out. They went through about six preloaders on those cars and none could keep up.

Eventually one guy they put on the cars would file grievences for anything and everything. But they were all legitimate grievences that stiood up. Bob would be standing near the prloader time clock (where drivers have the daily PCM) and this preloader would walk up to Bob with Grievences in hand. He would shake Bob's hand and tell him what seemed like a sincere good morning and ask how he was doing today. Then he would walk over to a Steward and file his grivences while Bob looked on.

I think Bob lasted about a year and then vanished - I heard he was put on "special assignment." That is when we were blessed with Tom ********* as Division Manager. I think he lasted eight months or atleast I haven't seen him around.

So IF this is the same Bob - He went from Division Manager to Center Manager and his wife is a Labor Lawyer? I think she would have helped him keep his job as DM...

The problem with people who know the bounderies is that they will dance too close to the edge sometimes. They look at it as a litlle game and will cross the bounderies from time to time. This is when they make a mistake and get caught...

Last edited by a moderator:

bad company

semi-pro
While we're on the topic of management in Tampa, does anyone know a center manger with the initials of CC? First name is Cory I believe...