Hey Tampa get ready for a real clown.

local804

Wow everyone has such nice things to say about this guy. I thought he was a pretty reasonable guy.

lol jk dont even know him but I am sure after his Tampa run, he probably will get tranfered here.

cakes87

lol orange skin, he interviewed me when I was becoming a sup, It was really distracting cause I'm sitting there just thinking wow this dudes skin is really really orange! like a Buddha statue =P

Fnix

{text deleted by cheryl. Please don't post personal info about anyone here, including full names and workplaces)

LKLND3380

{text deleted by cheryl. Please don't post personal info about anyone here, including full names and workplaces)

Not the same Bob... So now I wonder - what happened to our former DM Bob W**t**s?

LKLND3380

His wife im told is a labor lawyer and he is well aware of what he can or cant do. He knows the contract well and doesnt fool around.

Melinda is VP, Business Development at ***...

If grievences are not resolved they can go before a mediator who is an independent party. Having a wife that is VICE PRESIDENT of the American Arbitration Association would be a major conflict of interest...

atatbl

LOL! That is soooooo cute. Some clown thinks that the AAA has SOMETHING/ ANYTHING to do with A FORTUNE 500 companies' arbitration. May I suggest getting a clue? Search their mission statement and then apologize to all of us for insulting our union.

Griff

Why does this nitwit deserve his own thread? Egomaniacal managers that are out to get stars on their jackets aren't exactly rare at UPS.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
While we're on the topic of management in Tampa, does anyone know a center manger with the initials of CC? First name is Cory I believe...

Here's another. Does anyone have any scoop or knowldge of a Norman S. He was a center manager around the Jax, FL area back in the early 90's. Any leads or opinions? Is he still around?

LKLND3380

LOL! That is soooooo cute. Some clown thinks that the AAA has SOMETHING/ ANYTHING to do with A FORTUNE 500 companies' arbitration. May I suggest getting a clue? Search their mission statement and then apologize to all of us for insulting our union.

IF you are a UPSer... IF you are a Teamster...
May I suggest you read the National Master UPS/Teamster Agreement...

If UPS and the Union can not resolve an issue on the local level it then goes to national and if it is still unresolved then it goes to arbitration...

NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT
RULES OF PROCEDURE
NATIONAL GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE

ARTICLE II. NATIONAL GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE
Section 1. Function of Committee
(C) The National Grievance Committee does not have jurisdiction to continue to act as a “designee” in order to hear lower panel deadlocks. IBT Director of Parcel and Small Package Division and UPS Vice President of Labor Relations, or their designees, will meet three (3) times a year in conjunction with the Western Region Panel to hear Western Region and Northern California Supplemental deadlocks. If the cases remain deadlocked they shall then be subject to arbitration in accordance with the Northern California or Western Region Supplement, as applicable. After two (2) years, this special procedure may be cancelled by the IBT Director of Parcel and Small Package Division or the UPS Vice President of Labor Relations.

ARTICLE VI. ARBITRATION
In the case of a deadlock, either party shall have the right to refer any unresolved case to arbitration in accordance with Article 8 of the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement.

----------------------------------------------

Article 14
Compensation Claims
Taken from Section 1.
"Any such decisions or settlements rendered through the grievance procedure, including but not limited to, at arbitration, shall be based solely upon, and applicable to, the facts present in that individual case and shall have no precedential effect beyond that case. This stipulation is limited to cases involving or referencing essential job functions."

Article 37
Management-Employee Relations
Taken from Section 1. part (c)

The Employer’s Vice President and the Union’s Co-Chair shall have the discretion to grant the grievant triple time pay for hours worked in excess of nine and one-half (9.5) hours per day and/or to order the Employer to adjust the driver’s work schedule. In the event the Employer’s Vice President and the Union’s Co-Chair cannot resolve a grievance, either party may refer the matter to arbitration in accordance with Article 8. In the event the position of the Union is sustained, the arbitrator shall have the authority to impose any remedy set forth in this Section.

S

sidney5

Re: You are all wrong

Listen, I worked for this guy for years he is fair and a great person to work for. He makes you work yeah, but you become a better person for it. Now everyone can concentrate on what's important your job.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
I've had a few encounters with Bob. Few pointers, he will fire you if you violate ANY safety issues, so don't even think about lifting that box without bending those knees or not walking in the pedestrian walkway. Other than that he rarely checks the night/twilight shift, When he was the DM here we only had a visit from him once and thats only because other big wigs were here too.

Since I've been blessed with working for Big Brown, I've always been under the impression that it was next to impossibile to get fired. Now, I 'm still a rookie; but do these mgmt. personnel really have that much power over the union to relieve employees at will? I've read things on this site as well as heard things from around other centers about hourlies being canned for less than meaningful issues. All I know is I have never worked for a company that I've had to think about watching my back on every move I make. So whats the scoop, is it really that easy to find yourself on the unemployment line these days? If so I'm wondering why I'm paying my union dues every week. Whats the point.

rod

Retired 22 years
Being fired at UPS doesn't have the same meaning as being fired elsewhere. I would say 75% of the union employees at my old center have been fired at least once.(myself encluded). Of all those fired I can only think of 2 in my 30 years that didn't get their job back. For some reason it is easier to say "your fired" than to give a warning letter or suspend someone for a couple of days. Plus the fear factor the company gets out if it is priceless. We all know that UPS only hires thieves and liars (you steal time by not going fast enough and then you have the nerve to lie about it and make up excuses like the traffic was bad) so your chances of being "fired" are good. But your chances of being returned to service are even better.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Being fired at UPS doesn't have the same meaning as being fired elsewhere. I would say 75% of the union employees at my old center have been fired at least once.(myself encluded). Of all those fired I can only think of 2 in my 30 years that didn't get their job back. For some reason it is easier to say "your fired" than to give a warning letter or suspend someone for a couple of days. Plus the fear factor the company gets out if it is priceless. We all know that UPS only hires thieves and liars (you steal time by not going fast enough and then you have the nerve to lie about it and make up excuses like the traffic was bad) so your chances of being "fired" are good. But your chances of being returned to service are even better.

Exactly. Oddly enough, I was fired 5 days before I became a full-time 22.3 a few years ago from part-time. Got my job back in 20 minutes. lol

The law varies from state to state but essentially an employer can fire you at any time for any reason as long as it's not illegal. You can also quit at any time for any reason. However, this does not apply to employees under a CBA (union employees) or employees that are working under another type of contract.

It's called "at-will employment". Read about it, kinda scary. Be glad you have union protection. Technical and administrative people at UPS do not get any protection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Did you get fired because they didnt want you to go FT?

Partly.
I was fired because months earlier I was writing up and handing out grievances like halloween candy and shortly after one of the big bosses "caught" me sitting down because I was sick after sweating it out after unloding a trailer in the summer. (long story, dont want to go into it too much as to not release my identity). Had the big 'ole X mark, so they wanted to push me around and then some for the grieving. This was a second "offense" in 1-2 months after the grieving streak, (other one was not having a loadstand with me in the trailer, WhEN THERE WERE NO LOADSTANDS LEFT IN THE BUILDING lol) so apparently the warning letter I didn't sign the first time and this new offense was cause for firing.

Surely the managers knew I had just done my DOT and road test and the steward that was present made mention of the full-time position I was going into. That was definitly a factor to the whole "scare tactic" :whiteflag:

sorry for the OT.