Hi folks

PhillyAnt

Just found this site a few weeks ago and finally decided to join. Ive been with UPS for a few years. I am a part time sup on the ramp in philly. I am hoping to become a driver this year. Am I crazy? Anyway, this seems like a decent board with lots of useful info. Thanks for having me!

brownrodster

Just found this site a few weeks ago and finally decided to join. Ive been with UPS for a few years. I am a part time sup on the ramp in philly. I am hoping to become a driver this year. Am I crazy? Anyway, this seems like a decent board with lots of useful info. Thanks for having me!

Good luck with driving. It's a hard job.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
PhillyAnt,
Welcome to the Brown Cafe. This can be a tough crowd sometimes, I hope you hang in here. Good luck on driving, its what you make it to be.

Tony31yrs

It's a tough job with good pay, benefits and pension but at least you would have the union to fight for you if there was a problem. If you are in management, you have no one to stand up for you. You have to basically give up your life Monday-Friday, but you would have to do that as a supe too. Plus, where else can you retire after 30 ysr? I took driving after college because there were no teaching jobs in my area and I retired at 50! I couldn't have gotten out of teaching until 55 although my body wouldn't have taken the same beating.

Lobofan5

The jump from supervision to driving is a hard one to get.

Good luck.. I know part time sups that have been trying to get on driving for 5-10 YEARS with no luck.

Its been done before..so never say never I suppose.