High volume

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when a heavy day was less than most drivers before lunch now
You would have died trying to follow in my footsteps on my route. It was a killer. :-) I will say though that I bet a good majority of todays drivers would go absolutely insane trying to navigate a rural route without the help of a cell phone or GPS or any other electronics---all while driving a POS straight stick. For the first 5 or 10 years I worked the only addresses that were on the rural route packages were like Joe Blow-- RR3. It got better when they switched to Joe Blow RR 3 Box 187 (as long as you knew how the mail carrier ran his route). We spent a lot of time barrowing customers phones trying to locate people.

542thruNthru

Anyone else filing over the use of Helpers? The contract is pretty clear Helpers are only used between from October 15 -January 15.

Did your local give them permission?

Every comic con in San Diego they allowhelpers downtown. As long as every driver in the building is working. Also helpers make top rate.

Last edited:

numberonedriver

We have been getting killed here guys rolling stops and running out of hours. They had to get rentals and brought in drivers and sups from out of the area and other states to try and get us caught up and it still isn't working. I have filed 9.5 for the last 6 weeks for going over every day. The ship is sinking.

ManInBrown

You would have died trying to follow in my footsteps on my route. It was a killer. :-) I will say though that I bet a good majority of todays drivers would go absolutely insane trying to navigate a rural route without the help of a cell phone or GPS or any other electronics---all while driving a POS straight stick. For the first 5 or 10 years I worked the only addresses that were on the rural route packages were like Joe Blow-- RR3. It got better when they switched to Joe Blow RR 3 Box 187 (as long as you knew how the mail carrier ran his route). We spent a lot of time barrowing customers phones trying to locate people.
Please stop. It would take about 2 days and they would figure it out. You werent curing cancer on a rural route pre cell phones. Buddy of mine was a package driver in the 80s. Said it was a joke.

Indecisi0n

Please stop. It would take about 2 days and they would figure it out. You werent curing cancer on a rural route pre cell phones. Buddy of mine was a package driver in the 80s. Said it was a joke.
Guys these days. We have a member @rod who delivered throughout the 60's without issue . It's just what men did .

Did you have a little index box in the back of truck with notes about customers ?
Joe S RD2 look for the windmill, blue house?