Hiring after the class. UPS how does it work.

sarao

I don't know what you know about UPS benefits or top driver pay, but I would've walked out on the spot to start at UPS...if it really was a permanent position, anyway. Which in your case, it almost certainly was not.

Thank you man u have been a great help. God bless I will not quite my current job. Thanks for the heads up

sarao

Thank you man u have been a great help. God bless I will not quite my current job. Thanks for the heads up
You may think you screwed up, but they might still try to call you one more time if you're still interested.

Personally, I think you inadvertently did the right thing. Don't quit a job you already have for a seasonal position.

How come they don't call ahead of time to sechdual an drive on road with a manager.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So did I missed the opportunity windows already. They called me when I was at my other job. I couldn't just leave.
Please be pacific
So am I done, they will never call me back.
So they don't sechdual to come in to work ahead of time.
How come they don't call ahead of time to sechdual an drive on road with a manager.

I wouldn't quit your other job for a seasonal job at UPS. If your other job offers tuition reimbursement, I would jump on that if I were you. It might come in handy one of these days.

Ashell

I thought I applied for permanent job at ups not seasonal
UPS cant hire permanent employees during November and December via the contract. UPS LOVES to leave out information and tell half truths. You probably would have just been a season pt cover driver too, so might show up to work and be sent home or work a 14 hour day, you never know.

PT Car Washer

UPS cant hire permanent employees during November and December via the contract. UPS LOVES to leave out information and tell half truths. You probably would have just been a season pt cover driver too, so might show up to work and be sent home or work a 14 hour day, you never know.
I have seen many PT Nov and Dec seniority dates. Also seen drivers qualify during Peak. All depends on if you are hired as a seasonal or permanent position.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Because UPS doesn't communicate ahead of time. I've had to cancel several afternoon shifts at my other job because they suddenly need me to stay longer or drive the next day. We can't seem to find the other 10 drivers with seniority so can you drive? Please? Purdy please?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While this is normally the case, there is nothing in the contract that says the company CANNOT hire permanent employees during November and December.