Hiring Events

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Our station recently had one, and it was a total flop. Despite advertising, managers clad in dorky t-shirts, free bottled water(!!!), and on-site drug testing, only a handful of people showed-up. I don't know if anyone actually got hired, but I hope not for their sake. My guess is that our station is at least 30 people down, although management won't confirm a definitive figure.

Word is definitely out that FedEx is to be avoided at all costs. The few employees we've hired in recent months are either retirees or the absolutely desperate. Performance is about what you'd expect. Ah, Karma...

Word is definitely out. However, FedEx for a period of one year or more is very still very attractive on a resume. It translates well to an applicant having intestinal fortitude and being very thick-skinned. My degrees probably helped as well, but nowhere near as much. Most of my crew I still converse with tell me that they found their careers directly after working for FedEx.

In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, I am just thankful that I got out (before peak no less) while I was still young enough to do so.

fedex_rtd

We are short RTD's at my location, and 1/3 of the new hires fail truck driving school, and if they are lucky they get sent back to their DGO station. Rumor is that on the East coast they are having a serious shortage of drivers...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are short RTD's at my location, and 1/3 of the new hires fail truck driving school, and if they are lucky they get sent back to their DGO station. Rumor is that on the East coast they are having a serious shortage of drivers...

It's pretty hard to flunk RTD school. I used to have to re-train "graduates" on how to shift and back-up, among other basics. Especially now, FedEx has an incentive to have everyone pass and then put unqualified drivers out on the road. I would regularly recommend that RTDs be sent back to being couriers because they weren't safe or cut-out for the job.

fedex_rtd

It's pretty hard to flunk RTD school. I used to have to re-train "graduates" on how to shift and back-up, among other basics. Especially now, FedEx has an incentive to have everyone pass and then put unqualified drivers out on the road. I would regularly recommend that RTDs be sent back to being couriers because they weren't safe or cut-out for the job.
I'm seeing more and more employees at Express that would not have even been hired for a casual handler job in the late 90's