Hiring Freeze?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Htedenzer, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Just keep pressing

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You’d think after paying me 3k in 9.5 grievances last year they’d learn.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Every center has different turn rates, a lot of them use the same schools though, it costs 8k for your hub to send you to school, a lot invested there. They aren’t going to send you if they believe you will not shown initiative.

4. They were probably holding off for q1 profit reports

5. We cant find out either.

Our HR person is unloading trailers and we never see him anymore.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Try to get all your testing done at your home hub before you go, delays can be anything from dot problems to just that they don’t have the money.

7. Was another supervisor with him? Did they have a laptop facing your direction?

8. No laptop but the company wellness champion was upset he spilled his orange juice packet on to irregs and they were rusting.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No, they just don’t care.

10. I can’t imagine a center where they just don’t care about 3k. A local training facility was open last week then postponed due to funding, so all new drivers have to take whatever class opens first, if it’s integrad it’s integrad if it’s local it’s local. I assumed they were holding off on spending to show a strong first quarter.

11. 1stgear

1stgear New Member

I called in every week for 4 months . Got the call today to be a ft package car driver. The freeze has been lifted at my center.

12. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Yep that’s what I was told

14. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

1 minute pcm’s what a joke and a waste of time.They should just let us come in and leave.If they have anything for us just catch us.

15. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

The hiring freeze started (or never ocurred) as early as december and ended between the start of april to about next week.
    Regardless they will be trying in some areas to get as many people into the new 22.4 combo position as possible so don't be suprised if HR pulls the old swicheroo.

16. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

That’s awesome, yeah I’m hanging in there. I’m gonna give them a call on Monday. I just didn’t want them to feel like I’m pestering them. But they seemed very interested in me. Even after the interview they made sure to tell me about the whole freeze happening and how they’re not seeking other candidates for my position.

17. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

that’s what u think buddy, you’ll still be calling in every morning and be told your not needed..

18. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Can you polish a knob

If so you’re in

19. 1stgear

1stgear New Member

Not sure who buddy is, or that I was talking to you.

20. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Who exactly said you are a “ full-time” driver? Was it the actual center manager or some HR lady that visits the building once a year?. No one goes from calling in every morning to an actual full-time bid driver position...I think when you say FULL TIME , your actually saying REG TEMP ROOKIE