Hiring Freeze?

1stgear

Who exactly said you are a “ full-time” driver? Was it the actual center manager or some HR lady that visits the building once a year?. No one goes from calling in every morning to an actual full-time bid driver position...I think when you say FULL TIME , your actually saying REG TEMP ROOKIE

The center manager. I’m filling a regular full time driver position. First true off the street hire in 18 years.
I know it’s hard to believe some random person would get hired off the street, but that’s what I know.
Sorry you don’t like what I’m saying .

I wasn’t calling in every morning. I drove for 3 months during peak. I delivered 130-160 stops a day and took stops off of other drivers every day of the week. I made top of rehire list by a large stop count.

The on roads told me if they could hire me as a driver they would, but to call in every week to go to preload.

They had a hiring freeze at our center for a month. I kept calling. The on road called and told me I’m the next full time regular package car driver, that hr would be calling to send me back to intagrad.
Sorry you are confused, but this is what I know.
Either way, I’m driving and not loading trucks.

Htedenzer

Well I guess it’s another “few weeks”.

Attachments

• 27E5C6E6-C83C-460B-B709-FDE70D8E8C21.jpeg
    27E5C6E6-C83C-460B-B709-FDE70D8E8C21.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 210

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
jeez! its obvious the OP is talking about a NON union office job he is waiting on and y'all keep goin on about workin the preload and driver bids going up. pay attention a little at least maybe?

davidix

The center manager. I’m filling a regular full time driver position. First true off the street hire in 18 years.
I know it’s hard to believe some random person would get hired off the street, but that’s what I know.
Sorry you don’t like what I’m saying .

I wasn’t calling in every morning. I drove for 3 months during peak. I delivered 130-160 stops a day and took stops off of other drivers every day of the week. I made top of rehire list by a large stop count.

The on roads told me if they could hire me as a driver they would, but to call in every week to go to preload.

They had a hiring freeze at our center for a month. I kept calling. The on road called and told me I’m the next full time regular package car driver, that hr would be calling to send me back to intagrad.
Sorry you are confused, but this is what I know.
Either way, I’m driving and not loading trucks.
So you're qualifying to be a full time driver after you did seasonal driving and management liked you. That literally happens all the time. It's nothing new. What seems to be the misunderstanding here it's pretty simple. Theres tons of seasonal drivers from last peak that got called back to preload for a month or two and then get put on a qualifying route. It's the fast track. Consider yourself lucky.

Htedenzer

jeez! its obvious the OP is talking about a NON union office job he is waiting on and y'all keep goin on about workin the preload and driver bids going up. pay attention a little at least maybe?

It’s alright. I’m glad it was cleared up though. So guess the hiring freeze is over for union jobs and is still on hold for the non-union jobs.. sucks

1stgear

So you're qualifying to be a full time driver after you did seasonal driving and management liked you. That literally happens all the time. It's nothing new. What seems to be the misunderstanding here it's pretty simple. Theres tons of seasonal drivers from last peak that got called back to preload for a month or two and then get put on a qualifying route. It's the fast track. Consider yourself lucky.

Yes, I worked my ass off. No I didn’t go to preload prior to the job offer to become a full time driver. We are a small center and it takes years of preload to drive. A senior driver that has been driving for 18 years has never seen a TRUE off the street hire in 18 years. I do consider myself lucky.

Yes, I worked my ass off. No I didn’t go to preload prior to the job offer to become a full time driver. We are a small center and it takes years of preload to drive. A senior driver that has been driving for 18 years has never seen a TRUE off the street hire in 18 years. I do consider myself lucky.
1/6 hires can be hired off the street and immediately to full time.