Hmmmm,This may open some doors to destroy Ground.

STFXG

Ideal for GOP/Libertarian fools who think our economy can thrive with underpaid, crap jobs while they run to the bank with bags of cash to deposit. When are you going to quit UPS and apply at Ground?
When are you going to quit express and find something better?

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
I think Sammy knows that Ground is a scam He also knows that it would be tough to challenge the Ground model. The gray area of "degree of control", and Smith's money and power create a major wall.
You couldn't be further from the truth. It's not a scam because the people who make the rules say so. That's more money and power than Fred could ever muster. If it were only Fred, you'd have a point. It's not. You really aren't getting a feel for the scope of the change you are looking for.

vantexan

Hey, van. It's amazing how you spin everything so it appears that evil Democrats hate unions and are pro-FedEx and Smith.
And it's amazing how Democrats cover their rears with a compliant attorney general while rank-and-file Dems like you claim there's absolutely nothing amiss. Scoff all you want, but Dems had the House, Senate, and Presidency for two years and didn't pass the FAA bill due to all the FedEx money flowing their way. YOUR heroes betrayed you, yet all you can do is blame Republicans for everything. Get a life already and leave your hated job...

vantexan

Ideal for GOP/Libertarian fools who think our economy can thrive with underpaid, crap jobs while they run to the bank with bags of cash to deposit. When are you going to quit UPS and apply at Ground?
It's ideal in that EVERY business that ships can benefit from the lower costs. That's why it'll never be scrapped because one, people are willing to work for what they're offering, and two, not just FedEx execs benefit but the entire business community benefits, including Democrat businessmen who aren't out picketing for better pay and benefits for Ground drivers. And it's why Express employees will probably never see a union or the company restoring better raises and benefits. If they can get people at Ground to work for less, then why pay Express so much more? Especially since they've given Ground most of the heavy bulk that Express used to handle. I want more, sure. But in this environment I don't expect it to happen. I do want FedEx to keep their promises, but they've long forgotten the promises they made and aren't making any they intend to keep.

soc151

Shouldn't a solid business model pay its hardworking workforce a living wage?

You see firsthand how hard most FDX ground drivers work? You have to admit these ground drivers are being taken advantage of?

Well, as a Ground driver, I would say that I make a wage that is somewhat livable...Fair? No. But livable. I also know where the door is, and know I can leave any time I wish. Leaving may not be an easy choice, but it's just that - a choice.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, as a Ground driver, I would say that I make a wage that is somewhat livable...Fair? No. But livable. I also know where the door is, and know I can leave any time I wish. Leaving may not be an easy choice, but it's just that - a choice.
All the same, you deserve better. Period.

bbsam

Staff member

You see firsthand how hard most FDX ground drivers work? You have to admit these ground drivers are being taken advantage of?
No. That would be nice, but that's not a purpose of a business model. People aren't even termed "people", they are termed "resources".

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I actually would rather be called a 'resource' than a 'team member'. That one just infuriates me like nothing else. It's just so damn phony and patronizing.

I'd actually even grow a smidgen of respect for the Weasel if in the next 'From the Chairman' toilet paper he sends out, he greets me with 'Dear Resource'

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Define "living wage".

The key to this business model is low overhead.

Are the employees being taken advantage of? Absolutely but they knew the deal before they signed on the dotted line.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And it's amazing how Democrats cover their rears with a compliant attorney general while rank-and-file Dems like you claim there's absolutely nothing amiss. Scoff all you want, but Dems had the House, Senate, and Presidency for two years and didn't pass the FAA bill due to all the FedEx money flowing their way. YOUR heroes betrayed you, yet all you can do is blame Republicans for everything. Get a life already and leave your hated job...

Huh? In your rush to make everything a pro-Republican rant, you've missed the fact that Ground is a gift to Mr. Smith from both political parties. The Obama administration has been very business-friendly, and has even lauded Smith as an "excellent leader".

As a perpetual victim of FedEx, and a rabid Republican, you support the very people that have kept you down financially. Even if we had a strong union movement, you'd probably vote against it because of your AC/DC views. You take a beating, and then go begging back for more..."Please, may I have another, sir!!".

Please continue being a useful pawn for the GOP....they love folks like you that support their own prison guard(s). Amazing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When are you going to quit express and find something better?

Sent using BrownCafe App

I like stirring the pot. Plus, I'm at an age where getting hired by another company isn't likely. Hey, maybe I'll throw away all of my ethics and morals like you and become a :censored2: ISP/contractor.