HOFFA FAN?

10 point

Ken saved their healthcare from a bigger fiasco. Part timers got the same wage increases as full time. Sometimes "we" do better than the rest of the country.
Saved whose healthcare...TeamCare?
Part timers got a FOUR year progression.
Plus VCD all year round to keep them from going full time.
Wake up.
Tell the whole story.
THOSE are concessions.

10 point

Ken saved their healthcare from a bigger fiasco. Part timers got the same wage increases as full time. Sometimes "we" do better than the rest of the country.
"Bigger fiasco"?

Since we couldn't strike over it where's the fiasco come in to play and who didn't file the papers?

More lies. More poor analogies.
Keep spinning it.

"Bigger fiasco"?

Since we couldn't strike over it where's the fiasco come in to play and who didn't file the papers?

Keep spinning it.
Yea because full timers going on strike making 85 to 90 gr a year with benefits = to 40gr is a good PR move for us. How would you spin that?

Who's the genius behind split raises?...and what is the logic behind such?
these have been going on of and on at ups for decades. I believe Carey had some of these a while back as well. Remember it should be a badge of honor to work for a company that you know isn't going out of friend business. You want to work for ford gm or Chrysler? The UAW didn't care about the company being profitable. Part of history is learning from your mistakes. Is splitting your raise in two years of a five year contract that big of a deal if it helps your company stay in a good financial situation? No one got a raise for over a year because a couple of locals helpd out over something that was already decided in the master which we voted for I might add too and we survived.

Man I'm glad I'm a teamster and not an automotive employee in the UAW.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
these have been going on of and on at ups for decades. I believe Carey had some of these a while back as well. Remember it should be a badge of honor to work for a company that you know isn't going out of friend business. You want to work for ford gm or Chrysler? The UAW didn't care about the company being profitable. Part of history is learning from your mistakes. Is splitting your raise in two years of a five year contract that big of a deal if it helps your company stay in a good financial situation? No one got a raise for over a year because a couple of locals helpd out over something that was already decided in the master which we voted for I might add too and we survived.

You do realize that planned obsolescence and corporate profits are the main reason the auto industry in the U.S. faltered and off-shored everything?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
"Bigger fiasco"?

Keep spinning it.
Spin is a lengthy excuse. It's simple, pull your head out of the UPS world and into the real world. You'll find that we did excellent.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Spin is a lengthy excuse. It's simple, pull your head out of the UPS world and into the real world. You'll find that we did excellent.
YOU did excellent.

A lot of us took a major hit on our healthcare.

But like all the Old Guard, you only care about yourself.

804brown

Man I'm glad I'm a teamster and not an automotive employee in the UAW.
Actually, Carey never allowed for split raises. That was hall baby during the Hoffa years. As for the UAW, they did care about their company's future which is why they agreed to much lower wages for all new hires a few years ago. You are confusing the auto companies that refused to learn from their mistakes and were losing money. UPS on the other hand has been highly profitable ($4 Billion in profits the year of that concessionary contract) forever.
I'm sure Hoffa is glad he is a "Teamster" too. When he took over, the President mad about $150k/yr. Hoffa presently makes over $300K/yr. Our wages inched up over the 16 yrs but his somehow DOUBLED!! "Its good to be the king!"