Hoffa or Gegare Fix My 22.3 Job and YOU Have My Vote

Brown to Brown

Is it true that hall gave a conference call to the union stewards? Did anyone take notes? what was the reason for not pushing this issue back to arbitration? I thought I heard something about the economy as the excuse? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Is it true that hall gave a conference call to the union stewards? Did anyone take notes? what was the reason for not pushing this issue back to arbitration? I thought I heard something about the economy as the excuse? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

Here we had 13 newly-created full-time jobs in the past 6 months. I believe they were ones that the company said had been "moved" in the shell game, but not 100% about that.

packageguy

you should really think about what you are saying.
today you have a good pension, tomorrow you give ups
control of your pension. The following year they say we are
lowering your pension. ( business is bad so on and so forth )
they use the money for other things. Let's leave the pension with our union

p.s. You see the writing on the wall just go to package car. I have 17 years driving package car there are good days there bad days and there is great days

bellesmom

you should really think about what you are saying.
today you have a good pension, tomorrow you give ups
control of your pension. The following year they say we are
lowering your pension. ( business is bad so on and so forth )
they use the money for other things. Let's leave the pension with our union

p.s. You see the writing on the wall just go to package car. I have 17 years driving package car there are good days there bad days and there is great days

This attitude of "go to package" is one of the many battles the 22.3s face as everyone seems to assume just because we work at UPS, we're physically able to do package car. I'm glad you've had good days/bad days but many of us are already in our 50's, put in alot of years of hard, sweaty hub work, paid our dues with body parts and now I have a spare titanium plate with 6 screws in 1 arm thanks to the work. No, I should not have to try and find another job with UPS or out of it. I've worked hard every day and resent the fact so many think the only jobs that should matter at UPS are package and feeder. You too will be in our postition physically or by age at some point and then might understand the situation. I don't know how old you are but think of your Mother all of a sudden going to drive package car..that's the reality. We should not be kicked to the curb because we dared to get older.

tiredofit

B to B yes you are correct there was a comment about the call on an earlier post but i cant seem to find it now. something about forcing the company to post the vacated 22.3 jobs and if they are not to let the IBT know. i don't remember if any other 22.3 jobs were talked about?

Brown to Brown

tiredofit, are you working split shifts, one shift or package car? I'm with bellesmom, i cant physically do package now. 22.3 was perfect for me at my age now.

tiredofit

no i do not work a split shift because we have several sorts in our building but if they were to cut out one of our sorts a suppose that if i wanted to stay full-time i would have to go package or work a split shift.

Brown to Brown

Its hard to stay faithful and keep believeing that Hoffa will hear the anguish of the 22.3 employees and know that we have family and kids and lives and it has all been turned upside down. WE WENT OUT ON STRIKE FOR THESE JOBS! I'm getting tired of these shifts and if the economy was better, I would be forced to leave this job. My kids are suffering and my wife grows impatient. If only he were in my shoes.

Brown to Brown

You don't remind the signs during that said something like part time won't work? or something like that. part time america doesn't work? i can't remember, but the creation of full time jobs was what we told the media where i was. part timers were working like 33 hours a week? It's been a while.

Brown to Brown

I give up Brothers and Sisters. I guess until you have your own personal givebacks on issues in the contract, many just don't give a damn about the union as a whole. I quit this, YOU'VE WON. I QUIT! Good luck to you all. Hope your personal lives don't get turned upside down because if it does, you'll see no one gives a <bleep>

yuck...22.3 is a thing of the past.... it's not Hoffa or Halls doing and they want no part in it. Can we blame them?

The only people with interest in 22.3s, are 22.3s. There simply are not enough to make a difference. Next contract , get ready to bump inside to PT or go FT driving.
I was thinking of bidding into a 22.3 position come January if there is an opening. However, there seems to be a lot of negativity toward those positions. Should I continue bustin my hump driving or take a cushy 22.3 job. Again, I'm nervous that I would regret such a move!:dissapointed:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was thinking of bidding into a 22.3 position come January if there is an opening. However, there seems to be a lot of negativity toward those positions. Should I continue bustin my hump driving or take a cushy 22.3 job. Again, I'm nervous that I would regret such a move!:dissapointed:

If you retain your FT seniority date and not assigned a new one, go for it. I actually do enjoy my FT job far more than PC driver, however the money is a bit less of course. Never know until you try.

castor915

I have not had a problem with mine but I got the 2003 jobs, its the later jobs getting cut at the bottom of the seniority pool.
During the year I like to get my 40 an out maybe a hour OT. Extra work and peak I watch for, catch those package car sups working get that double time.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have not had a problem with mine but I got the 2003 jobs, its the later jobs getting cut at the bottom of the seniority pool.
During the year I like to get my 40 an out maybe a hour OT. Extra work and peak I watch for, catch those package car sups working get that double time.

Management was working today all day and all week. The steward was there, no doubt about it; no, not to go deliver or even in a brown uniform - but to pal around with 5-10 sup and managers he was probably drinking with the night before.

After the preload left, there was another sort with management only! IF you were union you were not allowed to work! Management including BD was invited!

:D

...that is a true story, not just buddyin' and complainin'.

Well, well, well... I think that pretty much helps my decision! Will just stay where I'm at. Not that I'm not happy busting my hump or anything like that but I'm always looking to "greener" pastures! I'm afraid of once jumping the fence to 22.3 I'd regret it. Staying where I'm at! Thanks for the reality check...

UPSSOCKS

Management was working today all day and all week. The steward was there, no doubt about it; no, not to go deliver or even in a brown uniform - but to pal around with 5-10 sup and managers he was probably drinking with the night before.

After the preload left, there was another sort with management only! IF you were union you were not allowed to work! Management including BD was invited!

:D

...that is a true story, not just buddyin' and complainin'.

We did something like that too, but we invited three union stewards and a BA to eat and carry on with us while the secret sort took place. Processed more on the "secret sort" than our entire local sort.