Why I am Voting YES on the Central Region Supplement and Ohio Rider...

Why are you wearing a cheerleader out fit? For this pos contract? Their are so many concessions in this Teamcare, we will never be able to retire from this place!
In three years in this forum you will see its a good contract and why it is what it is. I can wait three years for you and others to see the sky isn't falling. I will get a good chuckle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I never knew you were like this. These people are unreasonable and you are right there with them. Wanting this to get voted down is compromising your character.

I'm not calling you any of your clique names or labeling them as ridiculous.
I try to respect people for their opinions, even when I don't agree until they become abusive with them.
If disagreeing with you or your minions somehow "compromises my character" or makes me "unreasonable", then I can most certainly live with that.
Did you see my new avatar?
Just Vote, to me, means we are all entitled to and should make our opinions part of the record.

In three years in this forum you will see its a good contract and why it is what it is. I can wait three years for you and others to see the sky isn't falling. I will get a good chuckle.

This contract is garbage! If they want to ram teamcare up our rearends, then they need to fix a pile of other things! Im voting no again, as soon as we get to vote on our supplement! the never ending harassment,the tons of full time jobs we got screwed out of! Our pension is a mess and that so called....9.5. language is weak.at best!

C

chuchu

This is where you go way off the track. Union spending and finances are observed closer than babies in the neonatal ICU ward. No money gets intermingled between H&W, Pension and Union Treasuries! Absolute, end of story. In those rare cases where Union treasury funds get mismanaged, people go to jail. (Eg. read about L120 and where Brad Ss are headed) If corporate America had the auditting requirements of Unions, possibly 2008 and most certainly the Enron fiasco wouldn't have happened.
Your opinion on the contract is fine but don't water it down with fact less BS. I personally think the 4yr progression is horrible and a huge mistake, but negotiations are exactly that, negotiations, and 53% agreed with those terms.
53% that have a different healthcare plan. Except 407's 300 votes.
You need to read and come to the obvious conclusion that most can figure:
The IBT gets X amount per employee from the company and "gives" us less coverage. Locals (like 177, 89 etc) have acquired BETTER coverage for the same amount of money the company is offering. So do the math. The IBT gives us their plan which is cheaper and pockets the difference. Simple retail plan of buying and selling. There's a profit. MAJOR PROFIT! But the members don't get it. Why in the heck is the IBT changing our healthcare in Jan when NONE of the contract is to be changed while extended? If the healthcare changes then we should get our raises too. That's in the NMA. Getting posting cramps explaining it over and over. Be blind if you want to be. Sticking together gets us advances, not Mr. Hall et al. Try to keep up.

Inthegame

53% that have a different healthcare plan. Except 407's 300 votes.
You need to read and come to the obvious conclusion that most can figure:
The IBT gets X amount per employee from the company and "gives" us less coverage. Locals (like 177, 89 etc) have acquired BETTER coverage for the same amount of money the company is offering. So do the math. The IBT gives us their plan which is cheaper and pockets the difference. Simple retail plan of buying and selling. There's a profit. MAJOR PROFIT! But the members don't get it. Why in the heck is the IBT changing our healthcare in Jan when NONE of the contract is to be changed while extended? If the healthcare changes then we should get our raises too. That's in the NMA. Getting posting cramps explaining it over and over. Be blind if you want to be. Sticking together gets us advances, not Mr. Hall et al. Try to keep up.
You obviously don't understand how Taft Hartley H&W Trust Funds work. The IBT gets zero dollars per employee in your imagined scheme. TeamCare, not the IBT, gets the negotiated contributions that allow the coverage to occur. And TeamCare has to account ad nauseum for every penny.
This has nothing to do with retail buying and selling.
I'm trying to keep up Chuchu, but imaginations are hard to catch.

Inthegame

Dude, I just asked you a question off an observation I made because I enjoy reading your posts.
When I log on the union board and see you were the last to post on a thread, I click on it.
I don't come here nearly as much as I used to and am not familiar with your entire body of work, nor does your profile give any details of who you are.
My profile doesn't contain much of my particulars either, by design.
I actually had a response to our last interaction almost complete when I, once again, fell asleep in the Lazyboy.
When I woke, the "token had expired" (whatever that means), and I wasn't able submit my explanation that was designed to explain that I don't see any of these exchanges as you having "peed in my cornflakes".

So no ITG, I know of no rules as to when or what threads you can post on.
I also know of no rules that prohibit me from asking you questions, nor do I know of any rules requiring you to answer my questions, and so on, and so on........
I have the same issue with my Lazyboy. I apologize for the overly snarky comeback. I sense a wee bit of tone from the opposite sides in this debate and feel as if those against this contract have moved from disagreeing to disliking those in favor. Again my apologies.

You obviously don't understand how Taft Hartley H&W Trust Funds work. The IBT gets zero dollars per employee in your imagined scheme. TeamCare, not the IBT, gets the negotiated contributions that allow the coverage to occur. And TeamCare has to account ad nauseum for every penny.
This has nothing to do with retail buying and selling.
I'm trying to keep up Chuchu, but imaginations are hard to catch.
These guys don't deserve your insight.
Explaining this to people who won't except it is ridiculous. They don't want it to be a good thing. They can't see it and won't.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
37 bucks an hour to deliver Victoria Secrets and Zappos. 35k worth of healthcare to deliver LL Bean. A pension to deliver letterhead to hot secretaries. Let's not price ourselves out of a job boys. Some people need to complain about something.

It's this kind of thinking that has hollowed out our contractual strong points. The issues most of us have been against this contract, and the last one have little to do with money. Keep bragging about our pay while UPS continues to eat away at the edges.

But those who complain about it, are against the union. Nice.

Every union working against their members or trying to sell an inferior product uses your arguments.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I never knew you were like this. These people are unreasonable and you are right there with them. Wanting this to get voted down is compromising your character.

Man, I just don't understand your view. Voting no undermines someone's character???

So, then, it's NOT an issue of just voting. It's an issue of voting the way the international wants us to vote then...

That's not good for a democratic organization, in anyway, shape or form.

And yet, he is our President. That says volumes about us.
Unfortunately in the real world you need a guy that others out of the teamsters union know and respect to get things done. If we would have had that skank as our president they would have been laughing at us more than they do now.

Man, I just don't understand your view. Voting no undermines someone's character???

So, then, it's NOT an issue of just voting. It's an issue of voting the way the international wants us to vote then...

That's not good for a democratic organization, in anyway, shape or form.
I know him personally. I should have said this to him and not on this forum. My bad. That's not for you. As far as what you are saying I have never attacked or been a jerk to a no voter on this forum unless I was personally attacked. I want people to vote. You are wrong in your statement. In the last four month I've had more crap things said to me on this forum just because I support this contract.

stink219

I know him personally. I should have said this to him and not on this forum. My bad. That's not for you. As far as what you are saying I have never attacked or been a jerk to a no voter on this forum unless I was personally attacked. I want people to vote. You are wrong in your statement. In the last four month I've had more crap things said to me on this forum just because I support this contract.
Funny how the oppressed can be verbally violent.
Most people do not educate themselves in terms of contract language. They word of mouth it. When you practice it day in and day out, you get to know what works and what doesn't.

Funny how the oppressed can be verbally violent.
Most people do not educate themselves in terms of contract language. They word of mouth it. When you practice it day in and day out, you get to know what works and what doesn't.

Its not just word of mouth....Most of us took the time to read this POS! Contract..we aint buying what the union is selling (us out) on. This contract is about way more than pay and benefits. We draw the line in the sand right.friend.n.here!...trust me im not the only that feels like this!

stink219

I know your not the only one buddy. But you do know what labor relations is correct? Some unions with poor labor relations, Bakers union and Autoworkers. Are you serious in your thinking that your getting friend'd over?

I know your not the only one buddy. But you do know what labor relations is correct? Some unions with poor labor relations, Bakers union and Autoworkers. Are you serious in your thinking that your getting friend'd over?

Our local has gotten passed over so many times...I cant even count that high!We have a lot of issues down here that need fixed, and we are done bending over! We have some good people in our local now, that know exactly where we stand.its time to fix a few of our problems.before they get any worse. We stand united on these issues. thats why we had almost an 80% turn out in the voting. and well over 90% no votes! Thats why I say I am far from alone on this one!

C

chuchu

Yeah, I understand. Although funding doesn't go directly to the IBT it funds their plan. Even nonprofit organizations give huge salaries to their principals and just because there's oversight the law allows certain stretches that we would call extravagant but legal. It's their plan and they run it. Left or right pocket, with legal oversight. There's still massive overages after the plan is dispersed and the employees aren't getting compensated dollar for dollar. But when in comparing the other locals proposed plans (with 135,000 less applicants) we find that there's better coverage available for the same contribution it becomes apparent something's very wrong.
In all that response I never got an answer about why we're getting the healthcare shoved down our throats without the raises. Can you explain that issue? Realistically.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah, I understand. Although funding doesn't go directly to the IBT it funds their plan. Even nonprofit organizations give huge salaries to their principals and just because there's oversight the law allows certain stretches that we would call extravagant but legal. It's their plan and they run it. Left or right pocket, with legal oversight. There's still massive overages after the plan is dispersed and the employees aren't getting compensated dollar for dollar. But when in comparing the other locals proposed plans (with 135,000 less applicants) we find that there's better coverage available for the same contribution it becomes apparent something's very wrong.
In all that response I never got an answer about why we're getting the healthcare shoved down our throats without the raises. Can you explain that issue? Realistically.

There must not be anybody answering the phones at IBT headquarters?

Just kidding.:fan: