Hoffa: Time to protect pensions

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
8632E3D1-081C-4A06-BDBA-D834F94B20CC.png

brownIEman

Wow.
Just wow.
So the big genius plan to keep paying the full pension benefits is to take out loans to fill the gap. Borrowing money by institutions that have way more liability than income for as far into the horizon as any reasonable analysis can see. That's awesome.

Retirees who support this, I get the tough position you're in and feel for you and if you're in favor of this plan to save yourselves I don't judge. All I ask is that you be honest about it - go visit your kids or grandkids and punch them in the throat, cause that's what this plan does.

Ms.PacMan

What's the alternative?

Give me 100% until the money runs out?
Yes that's how it is now. What incentive do they have otherwise to carefully manage the pensions?

Central Region voted down a reduction in favor of letting the pension fund go bankrupt, which was inevitable. New England voted for a reduction.

There would be no choice with the new legislation. I personally don't trust the Teamsters.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yes that's how it is now. What incentive do they have otherwise to carefully manage the pensions?

Central Region voted down a reduction in favor of letting the pension fund go bankrupt, which was inevitable. New England voted for a reduction.

There would be no choice with the new legislation. I personally don't trust the Teamsters.
When it comes to trust , between UPS and the Teamsters , trust me , the Teamsters are far less , the lesser of the two evils .