Hold All Tickets!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So that's your source....a Facebook page from another local?
....and you feel comfortable using the term "definitely"???

SMH

I thought it was strange, because Fred Z just swore a new slate into office there.

Is what it is.... Did you look for it on the Local 651 FaceBook page ?

542thruNthru

Answer my question.... do they have to use relief ( or whatever you call them in your supplement) drivers first before they even touch a 22.4????

I don't exactly know what you mean by relief driver. If you mean a FT RPCD with out a route then yes. If you mean a cover driver then no.
Screenshot_20190322-073917.png

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The story about the overcharging of dues, comes out of Local 651.

It's posted on their facebook page. (the number is closer to $1.25 million)

Nothing to do with Stewards or Business Agents.

That's not the "official " Facebook page for 651. That's from the past president who refused to give up the local Facebook page after he lost the election. Him and Fred hate each other. I would take anything with a grain of salt either one of them say about each other

542thruNthru

Yes... I meant. Ft cut driver....sorry...and I know not everyplace uses ft drivers to do vacation and sick calls .....and ups doesn’t pay into a pension for cover drivers guys either, do they???

Yes they do at least in my local. The issue is they pay at a PT rate. So instead of $13.21 a hour up to 2080 at the end of the contract. They get $11.11 up to 2080 hours. I put at the end of the contract because it changes every year.

Was that from the western supplement, or your local rider??? Why did the locals have to attempt to clean up the big pile of diarrhea on isle 6 that Taylor left during national negotiations????

That's from the Southwest Package Rider.

I have no idea why it was done that way. It's way above my pay grade. I can just inform and give my opinion on the contract. :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes they do at least in my local. The issue is they pay at a PT rate. So instead of $13.21 a hour up to 2080 at the end of the contract. They get $11.11 up to 2080 hours. I put at the end of the contract because it changes every year.

That's from the Southwest Package Rider.

I have no idea why it was done that way. It's way above my pay grade. I can just inform and give my opinion on the contract. :)
We had to clean up our language also....so what is going to happen to all of your cover drivers once these 22.4’s come into effect... ???

542thruNthru

We had to clean up our language also....so what is going to happen to all of your cover drivers once these 22.4’s come into effect... ???

Pretty much every Cover Driver will become a 22.4(depending on seniority). That's why it was pushed so hard by the local here. Now instead of PT pension contributions they will be FT contributions plus paid more per hour.

Cover Drivers will still exist but will be used behind 22.4s. Except on Mondays.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pretty much every Cover Driver will become a 22.4(depending on seniority). That's why it was pushed so hard by the local here. Now instead of PT pension contributions they will be FT contributions plus paid more per hour.

Cover Drivers will still exist but will be used behind 22.4s. Except on Mondays.
So do they have to start a new progression or do they get to be at top rate for 22.4???

542thruNthru

So do they have to start a new progression or do they get to be at top rate for 22.4???

We've always had language that says years as a Cover driver will go towards progression. It's the same going into 22.4s.

Also something I really like that was added and I hope added to many areas. No one will have to qualify more then once.
Screenshot_20190322-200108.png

So no more of the BS games management plays to get the people they want or disqualify someone because they follow the methods as a Cover driver.

We've always had language that says years as a Cover driver will go towards progression. It's the same going into 22.4s.

Also something I really like that was added and I hope added to many areas. No one will have to qualify more then once.
View attachment 241066
So no more of the BS games management plays to get the people they want or disqualify someone because they follow the methods as a Cover driver.
The “Cover driver” should have never been a thing.