Hold All Tickets!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Millennials are in their 30s now.
You're so out of touch you can't even get the right generation to whine about.
Ok big boy, you can tell us all what the new catch phrase is for the 20 year old crowd... since obviously I have no clue being a gen-x’er.... and you can friend off, I’ve been here long enough to throw praise around to this company and whine about it when I see fit....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Millennials are in their 30s now.
You're so out of touch you can't even get the right generation to whine about.
Maybe you should read up on things... either you are 18 or pushing your 60’s pops.....
A0BCDB77-EA13-4484-9642-214D23E9BCCD.png
please don’t tell us all you are a middle management ups “boomer “..... we have enough of those in these boards.... @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U , @rod, @Wally , @the white girl, @Future .....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Was the Reopener filed in 2013?

Yes.

Were we able to strike in 2013?

No strike vote was taken.

Did Teamcare "mirror" the company plan as Hall exclaimed?

It was comparable.

See, maybe we were fortunate to get the membership to vote in the quantity we did considering...

One of the 30+ year employees I know told me that it didnt matter how or if we voted because it was going to get shoved down our throats anyway.

Why do people who've been here over 30 years believe that?

I know 30 year employee's that have never been to the Union hall.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
In the teamcare plan you have to punch in once a week to have healthcare coverage.

In 97 it was one punch a month...but today its once a week.
How many pt time employees work at ups just for the benefits?
A bunch do.

And they want them to agree to striking? Good luck.

Pay rate, pension and healthcare benefits are all part of a package. A friend/t driver is even more invested since he gets 100% of his/her package from one company. Some p/t employees have other jobs and a funding source when there is a strike. I make my choice with my ballot and then back it up with my coworkers once a decision is reached. I voted no in 97 and then walked the line worrying about my family the whole time. I encourage everyone around me to do the same and don't want to hear from someone that doesn't. I voted yes before that strike and yes after on contracts that were a move forward (including the ones that gave larger gains to the p/t workers because it was right). I voted no this last time based on 2 things and neither of those were 22.4. I think it's crazy to argue 2 tier wages when almost everywhere in the US has had summer or seasonal driver agreements. They have been 2 tier for over 30 years that I have been around and no one cared back then. It was a great opportunity to learn the job, decide if it worked for you, earn extra money, get more hours for at least part of the year for many.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Pay rate, pension and healthcare benefits are all part of a package. A friend/t driver is even more invested since he gets 100% of his/her package from one company. Some p/t employees have other jobs and a funding source when there is a strike. I make my choice with my ballot and then back it up with my coworkers once a decision is reached. I voted no in 97 and then walked the line worrying about my family the whole time. I encourage everyone around me to do the same and don't want to hear from someone that doesn't. I voted yes before that strike and yes after on contracts that were a move forward (including the ones that gave larger gains to the p/t workers because it was right). I voted no this last time based on 2 things and neither of those were 22.4. I think it's crazy to argue 2 tier wages when almost everywhere in the US has had summer or seasonal driver agreements. They have been 2 tier for over 30 years that I have been around and no one cared back then. It was a great opportunity to learn the job, decide if it worked for you, earn extra money, get more hours for at least part of the year for many.
You never said what those "2 things" were???

....and btw, seasonal and vacation replacement language have been expanding their scope and time frames for multiple contracts and we should have absolutely cared.

Expanding this so-called "two tier" system to 12 months of the year (from a little over 6 months in my region) through 22.4 driving jobs is not OK only serves to sell out the unborn....again.

But hey we got our's, right???

SMH

F

Frankie's Friend

You never said what those "2 things" were???

....and btw, seasonal and vacation replacement language have been expanding their scope and time frames for multiple contracts and we should have absolutely cared.

Expanding this so-called "two tier" system to 12 months of the year (from a little over 6 months in my region) through 22.4 driving jobs is not OK only serves to sell out the unborn....again.

But hey we got our's, right???

SMH
"May be used for volume fluctuations".

542thruNthru

I make my choice with my ballot and then back it up with my coworkers once a decision is reached. I voted no in 97 and then walked the line worrying about my family the whole time. I encourage everyone around me to do the same and don't want to hear from someone that doesn't.

I was under the impression that the union never brought the contract to a vote in 97 before the strike.

So how did you vote no? :)

rod

Retired 22 years
I was under the impression that the union never brought the contract to a vote in 97 before the strike.

So how did you vote no? :)
If I recall we did take a strike vote just to authorize the Union to take us out on strike--and they took us up on it:-)--crack open the beer