Hold All Tickets!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

No. Didn't see, and still don't see, a strike eminent.
The question was about "a" or in other words any strike line.

Easy. It's a difference of almost $4/hour. Still making less than my previous job. Not easy taking care of a family on less money.
It wasnt easy standing on a strike line for $55 a week to support all the members in 95 as well.
I understand your feelings about getting an appropriate rate of pay for what you do and I agree.

Maybe if the part time employees wouldve voted in masse (like the last few areas did that you're upset with) to send this back to the table the first time we wouldn't be here and that means all of us.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ron Carey was the master of "change".

There were more detrimental changes, to the Master language and the supplements

under his watch. You know I can prove it.... right ? ;)

Never gonna happen.

Throw in some newbie Teamster official.... against a seasoned company person ?

You think, you have it bad now ?
Are these the same seasoned company people who have Botched 3 or 4 Christmases in the last 15 years, the same people who thought spending close to a billion on software to make me deliver 2 houses, 4 hours apart,when they both are on a Cul-de-sac??? Same seasoned company who keep on getting wonderful press for hanging black dummies from the ceiling, telling women they can’t work light duty while pregnant or maybe it’s a myriad of other things too long to list here....I think you are giving the company way too much credit....Strong Union leadership starts from the top.... to have strong locals you most definitely need strong international power......am I wrong???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Aren't you describing what happen when Junior got elected???

Tell us about his "vast experience" when he took office.
Let’s face it ups has walked all over Hoffa over the years.... and he probably has held Hall back when he wanted to go at ups....Taylor is a rug..... even worse than Hoffa....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are these the same seasoned company people who have Botched 3 or 4 Christmases in the last 15 years, the same people who thought spending close to a billion on software to make me deliver 2 houses, 4 hours apart,when they both are on a Cul-de-sac??? Same seasoned company who keep on getting wonderful press for hanging black dummies from the ceiling, telling women they can’t work light duty while pregnant or maybe it’s a myriad of other things too long to list here....I think you are giving the company way too much credit....Strong Union leadership starts from the top.... to have strong locals you most definitely need strong international power......am I wrong???

I can't disagree with what you are saying....

But for some reason, there are people that think the Union has the ability to

dictate to the company on how they can run their business and by not doing so,

that some how makes the Union leadership weak.

They want to screw up peak season ? That's on them.

They want to spend millions on software that makes drivers do stupid stuff ? Ok.

If the company wants to run the business into the ground.... it's their right.

That doesn't make the Union weak or ineffectual.

UPS members had the power to make things better for everyone, if they would

have voted. What do you think UPS says to the Union when they find out the

members aren't engaged ? You can't blame Hoffa or Taylor for that, when the

members have tied their hands and have to play the "cards" they were dealt.

Only 22% even voted in the strike authorization vote.

Less than half, voted on the Master.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They want to spend millions on software that makes drivers do stupid stuff ? Ok.

-Bug-
Yes...the 22% who voted on the strike authorization vote was absolutely pathetic.... along with the master vote.....

F

Frankie's Friend

People need to wake up, and realize it's not 1997 anymore....

-Bug-
Was the Reopener filed in 2013?
Were we able to strike in 2013?
Did Teamcare "mirror" the company plan as Hall exclaimed?

Were any Riders or Supplements locked down in 2018 so members couldn't vote on them?

See, maybe we were fortunate to get the membership to vote in the quantity we did considering...

One of the 30+ year employees I know told me that it didnt matter how or if we voted because it was going to get shoved down our throats anyway.

Why do people who've been here over 30 years believe that?

Leadership, not the employee is not engaged if they are not believable, never in your building except for hearings, and at local election time.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes...the 22% who voted on the strike authorization vote was absolutely pathetic.... along with the master vote.....
Ever think that the vast majority of ups Teamsters are part time and they of all people couldn't afford to strike especially with them making the poverty wage scale they exist on?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ever think that the vast majority of ups Teamsters are part time and they of all people couldn't afford to strike especially with them making the poverty wage scale they exist on?
Hmmm... you say that they can’t afford a strike but they constantly go home early(don’t work their guaranteed hours) and 1/2 of them quit within the first 6 months.....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hmmm... you say that they can’t afford a strike but they constantly go home early(don’t work their guaranteed hours) and 1/2 of them quit within the first 6 months.....
Most of them work two or three jobs that pay better and a 1 min punch gives them benes for the day...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most of them work two or three jobs that pay better and a 1 min punch gives them benes for the day...
You and I did that back in the day.... not so sure about now.... the turnover now is not even close as when I started in the early 90’s..... were talking about Millennials here... different breed than you and me

F

Frankie's Friend

In the teamcare plan you have to punch in once a week to have healthcare coverage.

In 97 it was one punch a month...but today its once a week.
How many pt time employees work at ups just for the benefits?
A bunch do.

And they want them to agree to striking? Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

BiggieBrown

You and I did that back in the day.... not so sure about now.... the turnover now is not even close as when I started in the early 90’s..... were talking about Millennials here... different breed than you and me

Millennials are in their 30s now.
You're so out of touch you can't even get the right generation to whine about.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the teamcare plan you have to punch in once a week to have healthcare coverage.

In 97 it was one punch a month...but today its once a week.
How many pt time employees work at ups just for the benefits?
A bunch do.

And they want them to agree to striking? Good luck.
All I’m saying is these kids will walk away from this job for any reason... most don’t care... the word expendable and drifter has been use on here many times to describe them.... not knocking anyone, I came from the pt ranks, spent many years there... what’s the average stint of a pter at ups..... it’s months, not years. What percentage don’t even wait around for the year to even get insurance????