Holding a package at Will Call BEFORE first delivery attempt

iggy0747

Ya thats what I figured, if I had found the phone number to the actual center, but it isn't even there yet. I'm guessing it was put on a truck from KY to Pa since it's not scheduled for delivery until Monday. Couldn't even find the phone number either, which is smart on UPS's part, they obviously don't want everyone calling the center asking where there stuff is

AMTK54

While it is too late for the OP, for the record you can do this with My Choice (obviously you have to sign up well before hand). Just did it twice last week when the call box on my building broke and wanted to save my driver the hassle of showing up and not being able to get into the building. My Choice will say that the package won't be ready until the day after the initial delivery date, but in my experience it seems to be pulled sometime during the morning sort and shows in the tracking entry as available that day. At least that's how it happens where I am.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can't count the Canadians that have their packages held. They have learned to address the package to the center directly.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If he can get ahold of someone tonite, a p/up time can be arranged for tomorrow. I have met many customers at the center after returning from the airport. And, yes. They were ground packages.
I guess I have an advantage to working in a small center. We have no problem accommodating the customer. Even on a Saturday. Most of our customers know they can usually just show up even if the customer counter is closed. We will take care of them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This thread is supposed to be over but I'm late to the party. I ended up sleeping all Friday to make up for lack of sleep during the week.

The people at the 800# will NOT will-call a package for you prior to the first delivery, ever. Also, most merchants like amazon, newegg, etc will not be bothered to will-call it post-shipping.

I do it all the time though because I'm an employee and have direct access to the people who work there. As a regular customer, you could have done it too if you were able to get ahold of someone at the center. And if the customer counter was open on Saturday...

Ours is, but it closes at noon. Who the hell wakes up before noon on a Saturday?
:youreright:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess I have an advantage to working in a small center. We have no problem accommodating the customer. Even on a Saturday. Most of our customers know they can usually just show up even if the customer counter is closed. We will take care of them.
Same here. Never a problem, if we can make it happen, we will.

S

splozi

UPS fail...

progress.png
progress.png

S

splozi

please explain to me the UPS fail?

I will call'd the package yesterday, yet it was still put on the truck today. I've done 5+ of these this year and this is the first time. Still annoying...

And it's 3:30pm and the guy still isn't here. He's never been here later than 2pm. I know the order of things can change slightly each day, but I'm starting to wonder if it's still actually at the center.

S

splozi

Finally delivered @ 5:33PM. PAL'd to 6180... either this guy is royally swamped today, or he's doing his route a bit out of order, or his loader sucks monkey balls and he couldn't find the package on-time.

There are two PALs on the package. One has a time stamp of 4:09AM and is totally blank... no sequence number, belt, or area designation. The second one says 4:35AM, and shows all of the correct information. I'm curious as to why this happens sometimes; does anyone here know?

ikoi62

ok i see the fail on the delivery it took a couple drinks to figure out..lol. as to why there is no info on the pal its because the dispatch supervisor didnt enter where the section was to be sent to. it happens everyday at the start of sort,one call to the dsp and its solved.

ikoi62

That is not true.

you keep saying that's not true..but when you go to ett to create a DCR it informs you that the process can not continue till there is a first attempt
this applies to will calls, hold for p/u,futures.
there is a way in the dispatch program to hold a package before the 1st attempt but that can only be done the day of the sort.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
you keep saying that's not true..but when you go to ett to create a DCR it informs you that the process can not continue till there is a first attempt
this applies to will calls, hold for p/u,futures.
there is a way in the dispatch program to hold a package before the 1st attempt but that can only be done the day of the sort.
Mgt pulls a will call out of my EDD and sends it out to the clerk. The clerk pulls the pkg off the truck. No problem and no 1st attempt.