Holiday Pay

U

UPSnewbie

I looked at my check on upsers.com and it looks I didn't get paid for Labor Day. Does anyone know if casuals get paid for holidays? Thanks.

CFLBrown

That wont show up until this week's paycheck. You will get paid for the holiday after you have been with the company for a year.

sillyputty

I got holiday pay my first year...I started in Sept. 1999 and I know I was paid for Thanksgiving, etc that year- even picked vacation for the following year (and got it and was paid for it).

dragracer66

I got holiday pay my first year...I started in Sept. 1999 and I know I was paid for Thanksgiving, etc that year- even picked vacation for the following year (and got it and was paid for it).
You got lucky you should'nt have been paid for it. Payroll is a little bit smarter now, but not much!!!!

sillyputty

Yeah, well, the way I see it is it comes out even- having started in September, I missed out on at least $.85 in raises when the last contract passed (because my seniority date was after the contract date). Hmph. By now, they're probably actually coming out ahead.

Just Lurking

Yeah, well, the way I see it is it comes out even- having started in September, I missed out on at least $.85 in raises when the last contract passed (because my seniority date was after the contract date). Hmph. By now, they're probably actually coming out ahead.

If it makes feel better, the company does this every year. No one is hired without taking these issues into consideration, especially full-time positions.

I has the chance to be hired on the last day of April, but asked to start the following day to go out with friends. Since I started on May 1, I became a seasonal vacation hire instead of permenant hire. I did not get seniority until day after Labor Day. This caused me not to $500 Christmas bonus because I did not have seniorty before August 1.:sad:

ja4079

ja4079
Going out with friends was more important than starting to work,must not have needed the job that much. I'm surprised you got hired!!

sillyputty

Huh. So was I seasonal then? Are September hires seasonal? They never said anything. I just know all the people that year (who weren't under the previous contract's raises like myself) got their annual seniority date raise, then they also got the contract raise. I only got the contract raise because my seniority date came later.

I also pretty much missed out on the ability to buy the stock before it went public- it went public maybe 5 weeks after I started.

When I was hired, I asked to start a little later in order to give my employer a 2 week notice. They said now or never. I didn't appreciate not being able to give proper notice, but whatever. I said okay.

brett636

I dunno about the rest of you, but in my hub you get holiday pay after you reach seniority. Must be differences in regional supplements because I am certain that is the case here.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Casuals and seasonals don't get holiday pay or benefits. If you are a permanent hire then you get them after you gain seniority. I know it is 30 days to gain seniority if you are full time. Not sure about part time.

A

Anonymous Gearjammer

I believe I read in the contract you didn't not get holiday pay until you had one year in, maybe this was added in the last so called best contract ever. I know they changed the provision for receiving personal holidays to needing two years service.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
It must have something to do with the local aggreements. Here if you are full time we get holiday pay and benefits after 30 days, and we get our 2 personal holidays after a year.

Working4TheBene's

In the northeast, I think it is after you have gained senority... usually 30 days, taking into account that you are not seasonal help... And 1 year before you get any personal days.