Holiday pay

UghUghUgh

My understanding is you have to be with UPS for a year to receive holiday pay. I’ve worked pre load only since beginning October of this year. My sup brought me a check and wouldn’t tell me what it was for until he told me I was the 1 exception that got holiday pay and to not tell anyone who started near my date. What does this mean? My other sup told me they could have messed up coding and I might have insurance too.

Brisket

My understanding is you have to be with UPS for a year to receive holiday pay. I’ve worked pre load only since beginning October of this year. My sup brought me a check and wouldn’t tell me what it was for until he told me I was the 1 exception that got holiday pay and to not tell anyone who started near my date. What does this mean? My other sup told me they could have messed up coding and I might have insurance too.
7B883B08-2A4C-44EB-BB0E-1F2A38135F89.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't question a good thing. Enjoy your Christmas bonus. Lots of screw-ups at UPS are swept under the carpet. It's easier for management to let it slide rather than do a bunch of paperwork and make phone calls.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Depending on which Supplement, your understanding of 1 year may be incorrect.

Which Holiday was this check supposed to be for?

Thanksgiving is long gone and Christmas isn't here yet.

Are you seasonal or permanent?

UghUghUgh

Depending on which Supplement, your understanding of 1 year may be incorrect.

Which Holiday was this check supposed to be for?

Thanksgiving is long gone and Christmas isn't here yet.

Are you seasonal or permanent?
It was thanksgiving bonus. My other co workers got them as well same day, besides people who started near me. I’m seasonal but my sup told me he wants to keep me on after. My brother is also a driver for our center too, so I’m not sure if he’s helping me somewhere in there too.

UghUghUgh

It was thanksgiving bonus. My other co workers got them as well same day, besides people who started near me. I’m seasonal but my sup told me he wants to keep me on after. My brother is also a driver for our center too, so I’m not sure if he’s helping me somewhere in there too.
When I originally started I wasn’t seasonal but I got into a car accident and couldn’t work for a week so my sup changed it to seasonal, but told me I had nothing to worry about and I’d Be kept on. (Him saying that has also worried me so I’ve been extra busting my ass to make sure I can stay)

rod

Retired 22 years
When I originally started I wasn’t seasonal but I got into a car accident and couldn’t work for a week so my sup changed it to seasonal, but told me I had nothing to worry about and I’d Be kept on. (Him saying that has also worried me so I’ve been extra busting my ass to make sure I can stay)

Seriously?--you let a sup change you job classification just because you missed a weeks work with a legitimate excuse? First I can't believe a sup has that power and second- why would you do that?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you might be paying it back

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
that's a violation and call your union

UghUghUgh

Seriously?--you let a sup change you job classification just because you missed a weeks work with a legitimate excuse? First I can't believe a sup has that power and second- why would you do that?
What can I do about it? And don’t I have to join the union? I’m not just in it when I start right? I’m sorry this is a whole new world to me. I had a feeling that something was off when he did that, but I don’t know who I’d go too about that kinda stuff..

UghUghUgh

What can I do about it? And don’t I have to join the union? I’m not just in it when I start right? I’m sorry this is a whole new world to me. I had a feeling that something was off when he did that, but I don’t know who I’d go too about that kinda stuff..
Also I have a seniority date and to my belief seasonal workers don’t have that right? Sorry it’s just confusing

rod

Retired 22 years

you need to get ahold of your union steward even if you aren't in the union yet and ask him these questions.