Holiday Unity Post

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh. OK How about this one?

1) Upstate is annoying.
:winnersmiley:
UPS-Package--13695.jpg

vantexan

The only problem with MFE was believing the oldfart had any idea bbsam was black when he called him lazy. Oldfart can't keep the days of the week straight let alone the race of posters. Unfortunately his "defense" proved he's a racist. Changing the word race to demographic doesn't make a difference. If you ascribe attributes to someone based on their race it's racist. It's the definition of the word.
And no one can have an honest discussion about anything anymore because if there's the slightest chance something can be interpreted in the wrong way the PC police start screaming racism, or some other "ism." It's how the debate is controlled by them because of the stigma no one wants to saddled with.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So anyone that calls a black person lazy is a racist? Nobody ever answered. If you call a white guy lazy, are you a racist?
I know a white guy who is lazy.
I know a black guy who is lazy.
I know a Chinese lady who is lazy.

Those three people are lazy as friend*. Just because they are lazy does not mean their race or ethnicity is. That would be racist.

vantexan

Those three people are lazy as friend*. Just because they are lazy does not mean their race or ethnicity is. That would be racist.
True, but a white guy saying that about any minority individual will always be a racist in the minds of some people.

Oldfart

Haven't seen any post that said everyone of a certain race was lazy. I said 1 person was lazy who happened to be a certain race and MFE and other liberals labeled me a racist. Liberals are all about people being able to express an opinion until that opinion doesn't agree with theirs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only problem with MFE was believing the oldfart had any idea bbsam was black when he called him lazy. Oldfart can't keep the days of the week straight let alone the race of posters. Unfortunately his "defense" proved he's a racist. Changing the word race to demographic doesn't make a difference. If you ascribe attributes to someone based on their race it's racist. It's the definition of the word.

To me, changing it to demographic made it worse.

Serf

Since it's the holidays, I've created this thread so those that are usually at odds with each other can openly discuss some topics and be in agreement. Here are the first few topics; feel free to chime in:

1) Chocolate tastes pretty good.
2) The Beatles had a few good albums.
3) Stalin didn't seem like the nicest guy.

Personally, I opt for vanilla whenever given the chance. 46 years ago this week, Creedence Clearwater Revival topped the Beatles on the charts, what a war time themed album brother! When I think of not so nice guys, I think of Nelson Mandela and "necklacing."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Haven't seen any post that said everyone of a certain race was lazy. I said 1 person was lazy who happened to be a certain race and MFE and other liberals labeled me a racist. Liberals are all about people being able to express an opinion until that opinion doesn't agree with theirs.

Except that what IWBF said is right on the money. Your first comment about bbsam was said out of ignorance of his race. The defense of said comment was racist.

dezguy

So if you call a certain demographic lazy, you are a racist? Like I said, off limits.

Hmmmm.... Last I checked, referring to people as a "certain demographic" is pretty much painting the entire group with one broad stroke....

Oldfart

If you criticize a black, according to liberals you are criticing ALL blacks. If you compliment a black, are you complimenting and labeling EVERY black with the compliment?

Michael Jordan was the worlds greatest basketball player. Does that mean Obama, Clarence Thomas, Ben Carson, J C Watts are great basketball players.

Michael Jackson was the worlds greatest music talent. Does that mean that all blacks are great music talents?

You can't have it both ways. Well, a liberal thinker can.

Last edited:

overflowed

If you criticize a black, according to liberals you are criticing ALL blacks. If you compliment a black, are you complimenting and labeling EVERY black with the compliment?

Michael Jordan was the worlds greatest basketball player. Does that mean Obama, Clarence Thomas, Ben Carson, J C Watts are great basketball players.

Michael Jackson was the worlds greatest music talent. Does that mean that all blacks are great music talents?

I think why nobody replied at first to your comments were that they were so racist in nature it wouldn't help to point them out. That's why I didn't even though I wanted to. You come across as so racist but you don't even realize it. That's pretty sad.

Oldfart

I think why nobody replied at first to your comments were that they were so racist in nature it wouldn't help to point them out. That's why I didn't even though I wanted to. You come across as so racist but you don't even realize it. That's pretty sad.
Yep. double standard. You want it both ways

dezguy

So, then why did you rebut with "a certain demographic" rather than just bbsam? Freudian slip?

I don't see the need to paint an entire group when you were referring to one person