Honestly this is the biggest issue with the new contract

Heavy Package

Article 69: UPS shall give each Union employee one (1) free turkey per year on the Friday before the week of Thanksgiving

animal-baby-beautiful-cute-Favim.com-1514737.gif

Heavy Package

Not this crap again, you old farts and your free turkeys.

Article 69.1: UPS to install temperature control air conditioning to all package cars and delivery vehicles by the end of this contract. Any package car driver can refuse to work if the outside temperature is above 90 degrees without working or installed air conditioning in the delivery vehicle.

redneck-aircon-W630.jpg

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Not this crap again, you old farts and your free turkeys.

I’ll second the turkeys. Not the voucher for a turkey but an actual turkey handed to me by a member of my management team. This company has changed a lot since I’ve been here. It goes a long way towards labor management relations when you sit down for a meal with family and your employer literally supplied a large meal to your family. Really make an impression on me as a part timer struggling to put food on the table. It also made a bigger impression when Ups stopped this practice

Old fart

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ll second the turkeys. Not the voucher for a turkey but an actual turkey handed to me by a member of my management team. This company has changed a lot since I’ve been here. It goes a long way towards labor management relations when you sit down for a meal with family and your employer literally supplied a large meal to your family. Really make an impression on me as a part timer struggling to put food on the table. It also made a bigger impression when Ups stopped this practice

Old fart
I was kidding, and agree with you. I have too much pride though to take free food from someone. A higher up in our division yanked the company credit cards. We used to get bagels and donuts every Friday, not anymore. No more cookouts. They even recently used to get 5 or 6 hoagies with a soda and chips and raffle them out to the drivers. That stopped too.