Honestly this is the biggest issue with the new contract

rod

Retired 22 years
As you shouldn't. I mean that was 1930s and you were dealing with the great depression.

Actually it was about 1979 or so. After seeing the extra turkeys left in the building under the heater for the weekend and turning totally rotten (management had said they were going to give them to the food shelf but "forgot") I decide I would rescue the extras. Shortly after that they started coming with your name on them so everyone got one--no extras. .

542thruNthru

Actually it was about 1979 or so. After seeing the extra turkeys left in the building under the heater for the weekend and turning totally rotten (management had said they were going to give them to the food shelf but "forgot") I decide I would rescue the extras. Shortly after that they started coming with your name on them so everyone got one--no extras. .

To be honest I always got 2 or 3 every year. My management team was so lazy they would just leave the truck open and tell us to grab our turkey on the way out. So everyday I'd grab another. Still had a bunch that would be donated to charities at the end.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There were about 5 or 6 homes whose backyards backed up to UPS property separated by a chain link fence. That side of the building housed all our inbound feeder doors. I can't even imagine the noise those people endured 24/7 with horns honking and headlights shining thru their homes at all hours. Our feeder manager would personally deliver turkeys to the owners of these homes every year. I wonder if they are missing their turkeys?

badpal

I’ll second the turkeys. Not the voucher for a turkey but an actual turkey handed to me by a member of my management team. This company has changed a lot since I’ve been here. It goes a long way towards labor management relations when you sit down for a meal with family and your employer literally supplied a large meal to your family. Really make an impression on me as a part timer struggling to put food on the table. It also made a bigger impression when Ups stopped this practice

Old fart
To tell you the truth, I don't miss that tradition too much. Came in during peak, took up a lot of room, then there was always a few that ended up rotting outside the mechanics shop door when spring came. I get much more joy complaining now about them stopping doing it:happy2:.